Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Poor Sweet Boy

Yesterday our kids woke up early--7:30am.  Eric got up to get ready for work and I asked him if he could watch them until 9am so I could get a little more sleep (Joshua hasn't been sleeping very well and so I have been very tired) and he said yes.  When he came back in to get dressed Joshua was trailing him crying.  Eric picked him up and was comforting him when Joshua threw up on him.  So now I had to get up to get Joshua cleaned up. I put him in the bathtub and noticed he had a few bumps on his body.  I called the advice nurse and they said to bring him in, because he had vomited and had a rash.  They said the rash was the end result of a virus he had and that it looked a lot worse than it was, and that it wasn't contagious.  Here are some pictures of his "not bad" rash.  I feel so horrible for him.  It breaks my heart to see him this way.  And he has been so good.  He hasn't complained too much at all.  Then again he doesn't talk at all so I don't know?  But he isn't crying which is a good sign.  Doesn't it look horrible?



8 comments:

Wendy said...

poor kid! Are those hives? I have some similar pictures of me that my dad took when I was little (the joys of having a dermatologist as a father!) and I remember thinking, why is my dad taking pictures of me when I'm sick? I hope he's feeling better--both for you sake and his!

Kristalyn said...

Poor kid! Hopefully it's not itchy or painful for him. Yuck, I hope that it goes away soon. :(

Rheanna said...

Oh, that looks awful! Poor Baby! I hope he is getting better now!

Laura said...

Poor guy. I hope he feels better.

Jen said...

OH. Skin issues are so sad. Poor kid.

Emily said...

Oh man...that is one of the worst rashes I have seen on a kid. Im surprised he's not crying about it.

Jess said...

He looks so sad!! I have never seen a rash so bad. I hope he's feeling better now. Is he??

Jenn said...

Both of my boys have had this happen and it scared me to death the first time! I thought it was some kind of allergic reaction. Freaked me out but now I know. Hope he feels better :)