I usually leave the blog writing to Meg. But I know she'll be excited to see that I actually wrote one, and with Valentine's Day coming up, I'm hoping this will distract her a little bit from the cruddy present I got her.
We've all seen that parent who is so dissatisfied about what they've accomplished that they try to relive their life through their children. Well, I am beginning to realize that I am one of those parents. I usually leave the grooming of the children to Meg. She can comb their hair, cut their fingernails, whatever, and it doesn't matter to me. Until last month, that is, when Meg wanted to cut Josh's hair, and some force deep inside of me wouldn't let her. No matter how much she fought me on it, I would not let her cut his hair. It was so long and full and beautiful.

It was then I realized that my hair was living its life vicariously through Josh's hair. That's right. The fact that I produced a kid with silky, flowing, beautiful hair more than makes up for the complete failure on my part to grow my own.
As it's grown longer, we've had a little more fun with it.
Josh with his Coolio pony tails
We even took him out into the public with his pony tails. I'm sure he would have gotten strange looks in a lot of places, but in southern California, he fit right in.


So, anyway, in the morning after my shower during the four seconds it takes to pat down my hair, I can't help but think about how great it is knowing that I have the most wonderful hair in the whole world...
...well...
...kind of.
5 comments:
It takes a man to admit the truth. And you are a man. And Josh is a girl.
You're funny Eric.
Im with you Eirk...I think little boys look so cute with longer hair. However, I cant exactly agree on the pony tails.
Good post. However, I think it would be helpful to clarify that you're only comparing the hair on your respective heads. After all, I've seen you with your shirt off and you've done quite well with body hair. Not as well as Mike, but well nonetheless. BG
That's so funny! I cannot believe how quickly the kids are growing up! Wasn't Josh just born? Wow we're getting old. I love reading your blog and being able to keep up on what you guys are doing!
Post a Comment