Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rock n Roll

So I am a Californian born and bred, well not born but bred.  I thought it was normal to have earthquake drills at school.  I can remember what I was doing for most of the big ones.  But since Eric and I have been married there haven't really been any earthquakes.  He says there were a few small ones when we first married, but I don't remember.  And then today happened and I missed the stupid earthquake.  I was in the car listening to a CD so I didn't even knew one had happened until Eric called (finally getting through after many tries).  He didn't feel it either since he was also in a car.  But Lexie was at her friend's birthday party when it happened and so she felt it.  

When I picked her up, I asked how her party was.  She replied, "There was this really loud noise, and we had to get under the table that was shaking, and my plate with the cupcake slid to the edge of the table."  Now every time she hears a loud noise, she thinks it's an earthquake.  I don't think she will forget this one since she was with 5 or 6 other little girls probably all under the table.  Man I wish I had been there.  

I am happy to report that except for a few slanted pictures on the wall and a flashlight falling off the bookcase, there was no evidence of the earthquake at our house.  That is except for the nonstop news coverage of an earthquake that caused hardly any damage and no injuries.  Come on, California, do you really need to blow everything out of proportion?  They keep predicting when the "Big One" will come.  Californians are not happy unless they think they are going to have something bad happen to them.  

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That's pretty exciting! I've only felt a couple of small ones in my life. I think the last one was in Bakersfield when we were first married. I was at a stop light BY MYSELF coming home from Christmas shopping and the traffic light above me started swaying. I was like, "Crap! I'm all by myself, in a place I don't really know and we are having and EARTHQUAKE!" Luckily it didn't last very long and I made to your parent's house safe and sound :)

Jess said...

We have only had one mini earthquake here. About 6:30am the bed was shaking. I told Bran to quit moving the the bed and he thought I was doing it. We later learned it was an earthquake. Sorry you missed it.
What awesome pictures of Hawaii!! Your family is so cute. I love seeing what your up to. I want to go to Hawaii!!!!

Emily said...

Not the cupcake! That alone would be traumatizing to me as a kid...okay maybe even as an adult.