This was me on the first day riding a wave. It was fun and I thought they were decent waves. That was until I went to Secret Beach...
...The waves were killer there. I swear you just got thrown around all over the place. One second we were be in the wave and the next we would be under. It was totally crazy but totally fun.
The waves at Secret Beach. (Eric has a shirt on because he got burned the day before and didn't want it to get worse.) This was our first time to Secret Beach. You take a short very steep hike down to it. We didn't know what to expect but it was a gorgeous beach. There was hardly anyone there (probably because of the hike) and you had the ocean in front, lava on the sides and trees in the back.
My hair after getting knocked over by the waves. I think I had ot wash it 3 times to get out most of the sand.
This day at a beach by us the water was so calm. No waves. It was totally weird. We were having a good time in it too when we were all called out because the lifeguards had seen some sharks. They closed the beach for the next few days. My sister in law Wendy thought she might have seen one swim by us. Pretty freaky huh.
For the most part Joshua loved the water. He loved goign out and being knocked by the waves. I was quite surprised because he really doesn't like the water.
8 comments:
I am SO jealous you went to Kuai! I have heard that's the most beautiful island. It looks like it was so much fun. How nice you had all your family there, too.
What a blast! It looks so beautiful. It's good to know that Kauai is your favoirte, because I will go to Hawaii someday!
What an awesome trip! Looks like such a blast, and it's so cool that you got to be there with all of your family. Sounds like the perfect summer adventure, good for you guys!!!
What a beautiful vacation.
I think I'm going to put a link from our blog to yours because you did a much more thorough job than we did! =) I'm a little offended that you didn't post any pictures of me, though...just kidding! My hair was pretty frizzy the whole time :D
Okay, so I lied--you do have a couple of pictures of me. Darn.
So I'm finally catching up on blogging. I enjoyed reading about your trip! That is so sad about Joshua getting a black eye. :( I feel for you having to sit in the crouched position in the sand, that is some talent.
A memory that I have of you is how I loved to go and hang out with you at your apartment, and that you loved chocolate as much as I did. I loved planning game nights 'cuz I knew that you would enthusiastically come. Thanks for all of the memories...I'll start working on that Colony reunion. :)
Meg- that picture of Josh running on the beach is awesome. You could enter that into a contest or something.
Post a Comment