
We spent our Fourth of July in Bakersfield with my family. We really were just using them for their pool but we had a good and relaxing time. We started with a pancake breakfast and then we laid around the pool and then made Monster Cookies. We barbecued, went swimming some more and then let off fireworks. And then we ate my mom's homemade ice cream. Yummm

At first Lexie was nervous to use the sparklers and then she got all into it. Look at her using two at a time.

The kids took turns taking fireworks out to be lit. Whenever it was Joshua's turn he would walk out to put it down and then he would dart back to the safety of who was holding him. It was as if he was afraid we would light them with him right there.

How Joshua looked during the firework show.

How Lexie looked.

I found this hat in my dad's truck at the pancake breakfast. It says "The Price of Freedom is not Free". It is so my dad (though I agree with it too) but I had to bring it out and make Eric and him wear it.

The only time you will see my dad cooking. Of course it is for a ward activity.


Monster cookies

My parents' neighbors had a big party and as the day wore on more and more people kept coming and parking in front of our house. We would ask them to move because the kids wouldn't be able to see our fireworks and they could park across the street just fine. My brother in law Mike finally got wise and put a cone out front and tied rope to trash cans in front. We had our perfect view and to top it off our neighbors went all out and we were able to see theirs. So anyways we had a great fourth and Happy Late Fourth of July to everyone.
4 comments:
Lexie's expression is so adorable! those monster cookies look really good.
Everytime I make Monster cookies I think of you! Mostly I remember you policing the m&m's from me untill the cookies were baked.
Our family loves pancake breakfast!! Adam usually makes them on Sunday mornings which is so nice. You guys look like you had a great fourth!!
It looks like you guys had so much fun! My kids are afriad of the sparklers. Why? Maybe wimpiness is genetic and I passed it along! Ha. I wish we had a pool!!!! Call me next time you're in UT!!
Post a Comment