Thursday, July 3, 2008

Playing in Water

The kids and I just got back from spending a little over a week in Utah at my brother's house.  We had a great trip and were actually quite busy.  One of the days we took the kids to a little aquatic place in Roy that I found to be very fun.  We went at like 4pm and so it wasn't too crowded and the weather was quite nice.  The kids loved it and I loved hanging out with my family and the Buffingtons who met us there.  The other day we went and spent a few hours in Salt Lake City and then took the kids to play at the water at the Gateway.  They had a great time.  I even got wet since it was so hot that day. 
I liked this picture because the kids were both covering their eyes.  What wimps.


Even Joshua who isn't a water person had fun running around in it.  He just followed the other kids around.
Lexie getting completely drenched during the hourly extravaganza.
I always thought it was hard to get kids to look at the camera but I guess when you are almost 30 you still get tired of smiling for the camera (if you can guess that is BJ laying down with his face in the water--he got tired of taking pictures)
Joshua seriously just loved floating around.  I have never seen him so content in water as he was at this park.  It was great.

At the Roy Aquatic park there were two slides.  A straight down one (that I really liked) and a twisty one.  Lexie had already been down the twisty one with Wendy but they went kinda of slow.  So when BJ took her down he asked if she wanted to go fast or slow and she said fast.  They went very fast.  Her head was bobbing from side to side and this is how she entered the water.  When she surfaced and BJ asked if she wanted to go fast again she said she only wanted to go slow.
The end of the day we were very very hungry.  Joshua had actually wimped out a little before and so he sat with Wendy for a while.  Seriously why do my kids never look at the camera?

3 comments:

Emily said...

So I swear I check your blog a lot but somehow I have missed your last 4 posts. So I'm making up for it with a long comment (at least it's long for me)
1.The pictures of the pool made me so sad you guys are gone ..you came and left way to fast. That picture of BJ's face in the water is so typical BJ. Pretty funny.
2. I need Erick to post something on my blog. Every time he posts it makes me laugh.
3. YOUR QUILT IS SPECTACULAR!!!

Jen said...

Cute! The water looks so refreshing. I could use a dip in the pool right about now.

I love that Lexie has a Little Mermaid swimsuit. Not that I'm surprised by it at all. ;)

Beth said...

Aw, great pictures - looks like so much family fun! Isn't summer great?! Such cute kids!!