Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pool Party

Yes, those are Meg's shoes floating in the swimming pool.  No, Josh didn't throw them in.

When we were up at Meg's parents' house, the kids and I spent a lot of time in the pool.  One time, Meg came out to take pictures or something and saw a few leaves floating in the pool.  So she thought she'd be helpful and fish them out with the net.

At this point, I was on the opposite side of the pool and saw the whole thing happen as if in slow motion.  At the deep end of the pool, there is a place where the sidewalk narrows because of a step built into the pool that is about a foot under water.  As Meg turned around to try to get the leaves out of the net onto the grass, and not realizing that she was at this narrow part of the sidewalk, she stepped back a little too far.   At first, I thought she would be able to catch herself on the step in the pool, only getting her feet wet.  But it quickly became apparent that her short struggle to catch her balance was in vain, and she ended up going all the way in.  It was beautiful.

I think of that day often.  When I'm feeling down or having a long day at work, it never fails to bring a smile to my face.  Thank you, Meg, for being such a great wife.



4 comments:

Jen said...

Ha, that's awesome. I love the picture of the flip-flops in the pool.

Kristalyn said...

Haha everyone has to have a fall-in-the-pool story...I'm impressed that Meg looks so happy, but not surprised. She was never one to get too upset about getting wet, I remember being on her side in a few water fights back in the Colony. :)

BJ said...

dude, that was hilarious. So far you're three posts have all made me laugh. You could take up blogging full time. It's not as manly as working for the forest service, but you could just lie and not tell people what you really did for a living.

Just some thoughts...

Jess said...

I would have paid to see that!