Monday, May 3, 2010

Sledding

On Presidents Day we decided that we would take the kids sledding. The weather in La Verne was actually quite warm but it was cold where there would be snow. Eric went to Good Will and picked up some clothes for them the Sat. before. We wanted to get out early so we could beat the crowds but we had to wait until the stores opened so we could get some sleds. Fortunately for us Eric knew some places to go that wouldn't be as crowded. He found us a place with a semi-steep hill and some smaller hills. We bundled all up and headed out. The kids loved going down the hill. I pretty much hung down at the bottom with Ryan.

At the top of the hill Lexie started out sitting up. But it was fast and bumpy and this is how she ended up.

One of the few times I went down I ran into a tree. I guess it is better than running into the small stream that was there.


We took tons of pictures and it wasn't until I got home and was looking through them that I noticed in all of the ones that Josh was riding down the big hill he covered his eyes. He loved to go down though. Lexie and him had a blast. They had no problem going down the small hills all by themselves. Even though we were in the snow we were quite warm. So we slowly undressed until we were only in light coats or long sleeve shirts. It was a really fun day and I love that we live so close to the mountains that it took us only 45 min. to get to them. And then if we weren't tired we could have headed to the beach. What a perfect place to live. Or so I keep telling Eric. If only he would listen.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That's so crazy to me that you can live in a place that has a beach and snow within 45 minutes of your house. Very cool!