
Ever since my nephew Ethan had his birthday at John's Incredible Pizza that is what Lexie wanted to do. She was so anxious for her birthday to come and was quite upset that Ethan's birthday was always before hers. We had originally planned on my family coming down and celebrating Lexie and Ryan's birthdays but unfortunately my grandpa was in the hospital as well as one of my nieces. So we decided we would go up there. Lexie could hardly wait. This was going to be her first of three celebrations. We started off at John's Incredible Pizza where we stuffed ourselves and stood in line for forever for the stupid race cars. Man I was getting frustrated but that is what Lexie wanted to ride. We then headed back to my parents' for cake and ice cream.

This cake has a story behind it. Ever since Lexie's first birthday she has had a decorative homemade cake. When she was old enough she would tell me the kind she wanted. I loved being able to do it and have continued it with Josh and Ryan's birthday. A few months before her birthday I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she said a Costco cake. I kept naming all different kinds of cakes I would make but she wanted a Costco one. What a twit. I guess you want what you don't usually get. So we took her to Costco a few days before and let her pick her dang cake.

She was super excited over these shoes. She is such a girl.

Okay I should preface by saying that we do not let her watch Hannah Montana. Both Eric and I can't stand her. But Lexie really wanted a guitar for her birthday and the only one we could find was this one. So instead of disappointing her we got it for her and she has loved it. Maybe we will be able to paint over Hannah's face.

All the kids at her "party". She was very lucky because all of her cousins on my side were there except Clara and Eliza. And she was going to get to see them on her actual birthday along with Tamsen her cousin on Eric's side. How much more lucky can you get.

My mom and Lexie.
Lexie had a great early birthday party. Her birthday was on Wed. the 28th and we celebrated with my family on Sat. the 24th and then she took cupcakes to school on Tuesday the 27th. We left for Utah right after she got out of school and arrived at BJ's at 2am. So when she woke up at BJ's it was her birthday and she got to be with Clara and Eliza in the morning and then Eric's parents came down and got him and the kids and they had another birthday celebration with them and his sister and Tamsen. (I was at Women's Conference) Pictures to come of her celebration in Utah. But she was a happy camper.
3 comments:
I totally blame you for getting me into this whole cake-making thing! I'm thinking the Costco thing would be really nice! I love the picture of all the grandkids--it's crazy to me how many there are now. The twins have changed so much!
How fun that there are so many grandkids...look at all those cute babies. :) I'm lucky- David has voluntarily taken on making the kids' cakes and he does a great job. This year Mason wants scooby doo and shaggy being chased by a t-rex. lol. Your kids are so cute!
That is a funny story about her wanting a Costco cake. It made me smile because Kelsey turns 7 on Friday and she requested the same cake! Too funny. Can you believe how old are kids are? Does that make us old too?
Post a Comment