Monday, May 3, 2010

Ryan Turns 1

Ryan turned ONE on April 23rd. We were in Bakersfield for it. This is how he spent the hours up to his actual celebration. When we pulled into the driveway at my parents house my sister and mom had decorated the kitchen with balloon and streamers. It looked so cute. Ryan fell in love with the balloons. He carried them around wherever he went and was so cute. Good thing we didn't spend any money on presents since he all he wanted was the balloon.

Since we were celebrating Lexie's birthday the next day and I didn't want tons of cake I just made him a basketball cake he could blow out. I am a picture person and was quite excited to capture his face shoving it full of cake. He didn't want the cake at all. He just kept pushing it away. Dang kid never cooperates.

Sealing his lips so he can't get any of the cake.

We have so many toys as it is and Ryan pretty much loves to play with anything Josh has. So instead of buying more that he wouldn't play with we cleaned and rewrapped this IncrediBlock Lexie got for her first Christmas. We put the money we would have spent towards a swing set. He just doesn't know that yet.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Ha! I love that picture of Ryan sealing his lips closed! Where does he get that stubbornness anyway?! ;)