Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The C-Section Was Eric's Fault

Eric has always said that I have to blame someone for things and I guess my C-section is no different.  But I will have to tell you why I am sure it is his fault.  But first I must go back to the labors of my other two kids to get you in perspective.  My kids for whatever reason don't want to leave my body.  I am sure if they weren't forced out they would all still be in there.  This is why I have come to that conclusion:

First Lexie was induced 1 day late after I had been dilated to a 3 for 3 weeks.  But even then when it was time to come she refused.  I pushed for 3.5 hours with her and finally they had to use the vacuum to get her out.  Now you may think I wasn't pushing very well but the nurses and doctors all commented on what a good pusher I was--it was just the dang child didn't want to come.  And to make it even better, because of how she was positioned those 3.5 hours and how I was positioned on her way out she broke my tailbone.  What a sweetie.  So she was the first child who didn't want to come and to show me she didn't want to she hurt me.  

Second was Joshua.  This time I was sure he wasn't going to come and so when the doctor told me my due date I just added a week to it so I wouldn't get mad when he was late.  And once again I was right.  We were induced 6 days after his due date after I had been dilated to a 3 for 3 weeks.  But he at least came easily after only 45 min. of pushing and didn't break anything on his way out.  Do you see a pattern--2 kids both late with me being dilated for so long.

Now we onto Ryan.  We had asked the doctor if I could be induced on my due date because we are going on vacation 6 weeks after his due date and didn't want him to be born late.  My doctor was okay with it--which surprised the crap out of me since none of my other doctors were willing to even consider it.  So I spent this pregnancy knowing I would not be late.  It was great knowing that.  And then the last doctor appt. I had she said she would induce me 2 days early. Wow I was getting even luckier.  Now here is where it becomes Eric's fault.  I like to be poked in my stomach before going to sleep when I am pregnant.  I know that sounds so weird but it feels just like a massage and so every night Eric humors me and pokes my belly and talks to the baby.  The last night before my induction as Eric is poking me he says to Ryan--well we are going to see you tomorrow whether you want to or not.  We are forcing you out.  Obviously, Ryan heard this and decided to take matters into his own hands.  Why should he be the only one born early.  So what does he do he tethers himself to my body by wrapping the umbilical cord around his waist (he is too smart to actually wrap it around his neck) and for good measure around his leg.  So now as we go through labor I am thinking all is normal and that Ryan will be my favorite kid because he will be born the easiest not to mention the earliest.  But no what happens--because he is wrapped I get a crash c-section, causing me major major pain (he is no longer my favorite--I am holding out for the fourth now).  

So do you see why it was Eric's fault, he had to goad the kid into doing drastic measures so he could stay in longer.  Eric just thinks our kids had a plan in the pre-existence to be as difficult as possible in coming out.  I only hope if that is true they made the plan without our next kid's knowledge.  And yes I know I will have a fourth even after this whole fiasco.  

Now I know what you really came to see were more pictures of Ryan.  And so here they are.  I have a lot of time on my hands with not being able to move and my mom having my other kids--so I have time to keep posting pictures.  But once I get my kids get back I am sure that will end.  So enjoy our sweet little boy.  Who really is sweet and mellow.  He sleeps really well, he eats really well and he just hangs out really well.  And I just love the newborn smell.  I can't get enough of kissing and smelling him.  

I love that he is trying to eat my nose.  And yes I am still very white.  I have figured out how the Twilight directors can get the vampires to look white for real without their stupid white make-up---make them lose tons of blood before filming.

Just another one of his serious faces.

His first outfit for our first outing.  Going to the dr. at 5 days old.  He is perfectly healthy and weighs 7lbs now.
This is what he does--he just hunches over and tries to get into as tight a ball as possible.  This is the middle of the night when Eric is burping him.  Eric didn't want to actually sit up to do so.  
And Ryan was just a little bit jaundice and so he gets to sunbathe in front of the window.  Do you notice he has his feet up in the air.  They were like that for 10 or 15 minutes.  He is going to have great leg muscles.  

4 comments:

Leanna said...

Meg...it is Leanna Dellenbach Escobar, Luke's little sister. Wow! I've been watching your blog. At first I was so jealous that they would induce you earlier, but I guess it didn't pay off well. I was due on the 27th, and baby is in no rush still. When I see the pictures of your newborn, it makes me so excited! You have a beautiful family!

Laura said...

Oh...Look at those cheeks...I just want to kiss them!!!! He is sooooo cute. And your analysis of Eric being at fault for Ryan's grand entrance is completely sound. After all that, I'm glad you still want a fourth. When you have kids that cute, you're doing the world a service by reproducing. Keep it up!;)

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I love the 2nd picture. Absolutely beautiful!!

You make me laugh...always have, always will. ;)

Kristalyn said...

Definitely Eric's fault! Carter totally loved to try to eat my nose, too! I'm sorry you're in so much pain. :( Do you think you'll try a VBAC for your 4th or do a planned C-section? I'm still trying to decide what to do when we have more kids. Ryan is adorable!