Lexie was the opposite she just went running for the 6 eggs they were allowed. Happy to get them all very fast.
Next we rushed over to our city Easter Egg Hunt. Lexie and Josh were in separate areas and so we didn't get pictures of either of them. Rose told Ethan and Lexie to run straight to the back and then start picking up. It worked for them because no one else went there and they got tons of eggs. Joshua on the other hand didn't move when the sign was made and so Eric grabbed his hand to get him going at which point Joshua threw himself on the ground in a fit. Finally he got up and was able to get three eggs which he wasn't happy with. So while walking out of the park we would throw eggs onto the grass for him to pick up.
That night we dyed eggs. I was surprised with how much Joshua loved it. He just kept saying more and more. Our pink and orange dyes didn't work and so we have a lot of green and blue eggs. But the kids had fun.
Then that night the Easter Bunny visited us. The kids woke up with clues in their baskets for them to find their loot. They were so excited. Both of them ran from clue to clue. It was so cute.
Then we got ready for church and tried to get pictures. This is how they turned out.
I have no idea why Joshua was crying so bad. He was probably really tired.
When we got home from church the Easter Bunny hid 194 plastic eggs outside. yep that was 194 all filled with candy. And we only had 4 kids looking for them. Every year I save our eggs we bought so much candy. I don't think I need to save anymore. I loved finding them in our yard because there were so many places to put them. They were all over the place some really hard and others we just threw on the grass. Joshua went straight for the grass put down his basket and just started picking up and carrying them over to his basket.
Lexie on the other hand went for the ones in the plants and on the ground. She was even daring enough to get the one on the pool net.
Here is one of the hard ones. Can you see the egg. Look closely. It is in the flower. After many hints Lexie finally found it.
Once the ones on the grass were gone Joshua moved on to the others hidden around. He really did get into it and ran from place to place.
After the egg hunt we attempted another picture. The kids were alot more cooperative as there was no crying. But they for some reason had the sneezes and kept sneezing at the same time. Then we were done and had Easter dinner.
Pretty much this was how Joshua's face looked all weekend. His mouth framed with chocolate. He couldn't and wouldn't stay out of it.
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a good Easter. So did Eric eat any candy? Also...I talked with Wendy about Clara and I maybe flying down for a couple days (maybe Monday or Tuesday?) and was wondering if you guys wanted to come up or something...? Nothing's for sure yet though. I have to talk with Wendy...and she's not feeling very well.
I love Easter pictures. Was that your back yard or your mom's? I loved the flowers!
Ha! I laughed so many times during this post...first at the fact that Rose told Lexie and Ethan to do the same thing as BJ told Clara, "Run to the back and scoop up as many eggs as you can!" I thought it was hilarious that Josh got all ticked off that Eric tried to help him. Then I scrolled down to the picture of Josh crying and Lexie looking all happy (reminds me of the picture I tried to get of our kids). And finally, the funniest of all, was the picture of your kids sneezing at the same time! HA! HA! I have to say, I'm jealous of how pretty your flowers and bushes are. We have a couple of daffodils out, but the rest of our yard thinks it's still winter...probably because it keeps snowing here.
Post a Comment