
Well we are home from the hospital. We could have stayed for another 2 days but I was tired of the place. I decided I could hurt just as well at home as at the hospital. And that is what I do. HURT!!! Though this little guy is worth it (don't tell anyone but it did take me a few hours to say that). The pain is less than what it was but it is still pretty extreme. I live on pain meds and even with them I hurt. Okay does everyone get that I hurt now. I guess I will move on to talk about our little Ryan. He really has been a good baby. He did keep us up all night last night but that is Eric's fault. I told him during the day if he didn't wake Ryan up he wasn't going to sleep that night. Boy was I right. Eric has been a little bit more diligent in keeping him up today. But I still don't think enough. Ryan really keeps his eyes closed for the most part because he doesn't like light. Last night with only the light of the moon coming in the window would he have his eyes open gazing around the room. He is so serious and just observes everything. A lot like Lexie did. They look a like and have a lot of the same mannerisms. The above picture is rare of him with his eyes open.

This picture is what he usually is doing. Concentrating on keeping his eyes closed. It is funny the face he makes. And everytime we take his picture and the flash goes off he squints his eyes up even more.

It is hard to believe they are ever this small. He is the smallest of our 3 and I keep calling him runt. He just looks like a runt to me.

yes I am so white in this picture. And it has to do nothing with the lighting. I guess it is because of the dang blood loss. But hopefully I will get enough iron in me soon enough so I don't look like a vampire.

Ryan was actually trying to eat Eric. He really isn't smiling. Eric is fake smiling because he was still mad at Ryan for keeping him up last night. J/K

His going home outfit. I can't get enough of this guy. I love holding him and kissing him and just staring at him. But I don't get to do it all that often because of the pain. But i hear it will get better. I don't know that i believe it.

And of course Eric had to get the kid started on x-box with-in hours of getting home. Can you see how excited Ryan is.

I seriously can't believe how small they are when they come out. They grow up so fast.
I should also mention since Eric didn't that I ended up not being able to eat for 42 hours. Yep that is right. I ate at Chili's the night of our induction because I knew that our dr. wouldn't let me eat during the induction so I figured Chili's would hold me over. But it turns out that they wouldn't even let me have water or ice chips for 6 hours after the c-section. And then it was only ice chips. Then I was allowed to have water a few hours after that but only in small increments. And then I wasn't allowed to eat until the next day AFTER I passed gas. I have never wanted to pass gas so bad in my life. It was horrible. I felt like throwing a party once I finally did it. That is way too long without food. And it didn't help me to lose anymore weight.
Anyways we are really excited to have Ryan. I am curious to see how the kids will react. We are fortunate right now in that they are at my parents house and my mom will bring them back on Monday. She is giving us a few days to recoup and just spend time with Ryan. It is actually quite nice to have a quiet house and sleep when he does.
8 comments:
He's soooooooo cute! I just want to kiss his tiny little cheeks! He definitely looks like one of your children! I'm sorry you are still in so much pain. I hope it subsides soon.
I can hardly wait to hold him- he is beautiful! I don't know why you use the word runt, he fills out those sleepers pretty good. His grandma says, "Quit picking on him!"
Fyi, the previous comment from "Rose" was mom. She didn't know how else to leave a comment. Anyway, cute kid. I think he looks a little like Connor. And thanks, for stealing my future kid's name and all. but really, no harm done, my kid will just have to have some stupid name like Fabio or Gertrude. Thanks Martindales.
P.S. feel better meg. :)
-The REAL Rose
He's so adorable. I love the "concentrate on closing eyes" face. Aw. And he really does look so tiny in the hospital bed. Wow. I hope your recovery goes faster--it gives me so much to look forward to. :)
He is so adorable!! I'm glad it all turned out great and he is healthy. It sounds like it was a little scary for a bit. Sorry about the c-section and all the pain...yuck labor. It's funny that you think he's small.
Congratulations!!!!!! He is adorable! I mean that. Not all newborns are cute and he is. He looks like both of your other little kids. I'm sorry you had a C section but am so grateful that all is ok. Keep posting more pics. I hope you start to feel better!!
P.S. I love that picture of him looking so tiny on the hospital bed! We have a similar picture of Clara :). We thought she looked soooo tiny on it all by herself. Great minds think alike!
Ryan is soooo adorable! I'm glad that he's finally here and I'm sorry you had such a difficult delivery. I remember with Joshua, you said your delivery was relatively easy...too bad Ryan's couldn't be like that. I called the doctor after my C-section because I was in so much pain and they said that especially with unplanned C-sections, things just get pulled and pushed around a lot. Great. It will get better soon, though!
Post a Comment