I just love how clothes drown a newborn baby. It amazes me though how fast they fill them out.
Cons:

More pain than one person should have to endure.
Being more constipated than one person should have to endure.
Being in tons of pain.
Still looking 4 months pregnant because you have no abdominal muscles and the swelling from the surgery (I hear this gut doesn't go away for months--very depressing)
Not being able to do most things by myself.
Intense pain.
Having a hard time nursing because can't have the baby close to my stomach.
Being constipated
Being stripped of all dignity while the nurses care for you.
Having a gut that won't go away.
Not being able to eat much because so constipated.
Not holding my baby for too long because it starts to hurt.
Too much pain.
The simplest thing is really hard to do.
Living on pain pills.
A gut that makes me self conscious
Pro:
Having a perfectly healthy baby be born that would not have made it otherwise. His heart rate was at a 40 when they wheeled us into the operating room and for a while Eric didn't think Ryan would make it because how could they put me out, cut me open and get the baby out in time. Fortunately I was completely out and didn't realize the seriousness of everything. But because of fast acting dr's and nurses we have a gorgeous baby boy.
So when I am tempted to dwell on the cons of having a c-section and get down over all the pain and the huge gut I now have (and believe me it can be very depressing) I need to remind myself how blessed I am that I had a c-section so that Ryan is a part of our lives. That one Pro is worth all the Cons and more. I just need to tell myself that often. But here are even more pictures of our little boy.
Ryan has been sleeping like 20-22 hours a day. Even sleeping at during the day he would sleep at night except when he was feeding. But yesterday he stayed awake all during Survivor and the Office. He was so happy. Eric kept playing with his hands and he really liked it.
6 comments:
The photo with the noses is adorable! How amazing to have a baby! I'm so sorry that you have so much pain...ouch ouch ouch. I hope you feel better soon!
Too bad your C-section hurt. I feel for you. But I don't feel TOO bad for you. You should've just decided in heaven that you wanted to be a boy. Like I did.
Nice, BJ. He never was one for much sympathy ;). I loved your post. I'm sorry for all the pain other crap you are dealing with. Ryan IS totally adorable, though. I love these pictures of him--especially the one with their noses touching. So cute! He looks a little like Josh in these pictures. Maybe he doesn't in person, but from the pics he definitely has a Josh look. I hope everything starts getting better soon!
In response to you giving Ryan the plug, I say GO FOR IT!!! I gave both my girls a plug in the hospital and neither one had nipple confusion. I'd be much more worried about them NOT taking the plug from waiting too long. I guess you know about that! :)
Meg, your baby is still so little, of course you have a gut. Give it some time!
He sounds very much like a Stewart..sleeping so much!
You are too funny. I think I smiled the entire time I read your last two posts. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain!!! I wish I was down there so I could come over and help. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon. You have a great attitude. And I will say he is beautiful! He's so cute. Nice job!
Keep posting more pics!
Post a Comment