Yes we make Lexie earn her keep. She pulled this all over the LA and Orlando airports. We were grateful that she wanted to but we didn't ask her to. Quite the contrary she would throw a fit if we took it from her. Hopefully this will bode well for when we travel with her in the teenage years.
This statue is in the airport at Orlando and Lexie runs up to it and says take my picture mom. She was so excited to see him and kissed him on the knee and said, "I will see you tomorrow, Goofy."
My first dessert using my Dining Plan. Boy was it ever good.
We stayed at the Polynesian Resort and it was beautiful. It felt like we were in Hawaii. The staff couldn't have been nicer. They gave us these laies when we checked in. Josh wouldn't wear his. This is about 9pm and the last time we had a meal was for breakfast that morning. Maybe that is why Lexie and Josh aren't smiling.
Another cool thing about staying at a Disney hotel were the Magic Hours. We were able to go back to Magic Kingdom and just walk onto rides that earlier were 2.5 hours long. Like Splash Mountain. We rode that ride at 2 and with our fast pass we had a 15 minute line. The standby line was 2.5 hours long. We rode it during Magic Hours and walked right on. It was great fun, and especially nice that we didn't have the kids with us. We had a blast and got back to our rooms a little after 3am. We were exhausted but happy.
A few side notes for future posts:
Fast Passes: You can get a ticket for a ride that will tell you to come back at so and so time and you pretty much walk right onto a ride. You get to take cuts in front of anyone who is standing in the regular line.
Stroller passes: This pass you ask for from the person at the start of the line. They give you a pass that lets three people on with it. These people get to go through the Fast Pass line. It is great because when you have kids that won't or can't ride a ride a parent stays behind but then doesn't have to wait very long to get on the ride when it is their turn.
We worked the system with these two passes usually enabling us all to ride each of the big grownup rides twice without waiting in line.
Magic Hours: When you stay at a Disney hotel they have this cool thing called Magic Hours. Each of the four parks is open either an hour earlier or stays open later for those only staying at the hotels. For instance Magic Kingdom closes at midnight. But those of us at the hotel could get little bracelets and we could stay until 3am.
Disney Dining Deluxe: Now this is one of my favorite things. My grandpa got this meal plan for us so we wouldn't have to worry about spending money on meals. What it is is that we could get 3 meals and 2 snacks a day per person. So my little family had 54 meals and 36 snacks. We could pretty much eat anywhere at all the parks. We could get a crappy $10 meal at the quick service places or go to a restaurant and eat there for $30. We didn't have to pay extra for the more expensive meals. Since it was Spring Break we were told when we booked our trip to make reservations at restaurants because there would be no room when we got there. We did this and it was fortunate that we did because there were no walk ins at the restaurants. We were able to go to a couple of different shows that were awesome and we had a character dining experience each day. And each meal you get all the drink you want, dessert, appetizer and main course. The snacks were great too because we could go anywhere and get most things that were under $4. We had a blast with that one. If you ever go to Disney World I so suggest going this route--it made the trip 20 times better.
It was so hot at Magic Kingdom. We rode Splash Mountain in the middle of the afternoon and we had gotten Fast Passes and the stroller pass so some of us were able to ride it twice without waiting in line. At Disneyland this is Lexie's favorite ride and she was so excited to ride it. It was our first ride of the day. I stayed with Josh and my grandpa the first time and when she come off of it she only had a few drops. Actually no one in that group was really that wet. Lexie was willing to ride it with me again. She sat in the front row with my sister Rose and my mom and I were behind her and my brother in law Mike was behind us. We so got drenched. Lexie was just dripping. It was hilarious to see her reaction. When she got SOOOO wet she just sat there for a minute with the water just dripping down her face. Mike got the least wet. I was glad to be wet because it was so hot but I don't think I ever actually fully dried off.
Joshua loves to dip his food. He will eat anything if he can dip it in something. Eric got the Artichoke Dip and Joshua just brought it over to him and was eating bread with it and sometimes just used his fingers.
After our dinner we were walking down Main St. and some employees asked me to jump rope. I seriously haven't done this since like high school if even that. I got to number 17 and was pretty happy with that. I was afraid I would screw up on the first jump.
I love the Disney World castle. I could stare at it all day. I can't express how pretty it is but I couldn't manage getting a very good picture of everyone in front of it. It was way too crowded and people were everywhere.
3 comments:
Excellent summary. Looking at the pictures were great too. It was fun to see everyone all wet and having fun. The food looked great! Too bad we couldn't go. But we're definitely looking forward to the next one. (and thanks for the tribute.)
I love Disney World! How fun you got to go with family. And you did so many cool things! I'm glad you love the Tower of Terror too--I'm so glad they finally built one in California, but the Florida one is so much more fun.
Your kids are totally Disney-fied. I love it. Did you get special treatment at DisneyWorld because you're DisneyLand season ticket holders? (you are, right?)
I bet Lexie and Joshua loved Disney World! i loved looking at your pictures. It makes me want to plan a family vacation to go there :)
Post a Comment