Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Disney World Part 5: Epcot & Going Home

Our last full day was spent at Epcot. We had a reservation for breakfast at 8 but it was with no characters, it was just suppose to have great French Toast. Everyone except my little family bailed out and so we went by ourselves and then headed over to Epcot. The French Toast was awesome. I was glad I woke up because it was one of the best breakfasts.

Lexie ordered the Mickey pancakes. Isn't it cute?

We rode the monorail to Epcot and got there just a few minutes after the park opened and so it wasn't too crowded. It was also raining so I think that kept a few people away.

Joshua riding the monorail--this was one of the first times he was out of the stroller during the ride. He is acting like he is a pro. He did really well too and never fell over.


Epcot had Magic Hours that night so my family was planning on coming for our Princess dinner and then staying for the extra hours. When we first got there Eric ran to get Fast passes to Test Track, while I waited in line at Spaceship Earth (a ride in the big Epcot ball)--it is an awesome ride and the fastest moving line ever. Lexie kept asking us to ride it again. It doesn't go fast or anything it is just a cool ride.

Can you believe there is a ride in that ball, I always thought it was decoration.

After we got off that we rode Test Track using a stroller pass (we didn't even have to use our fast pass). This ride was suppose to be great but we weren't thrilled with it. The line was so long as the day wore on and I couldn't imagine waiting in it. I took Lexie on it and she didn't like it too much. She doesn't say much during the ride just getting off she was like I don't want to ride that again. Well that is good because I don't want to either.

This is what Joshua started doing at Disney World--standing up in the stroller. He didn't always cry--but if he got bored he would stand up to find out what was going on.


There is a ride called Mission: Space that is suppose to be awesome. It is a simulator ride of going to mars. You feel the G-forces and all that great stuff. I didn't like it too much but Eric loved it. We got Fast Passes for that and a stroller pass but we didn't end up using them until the Magic hours. Go figure. I did get to ride it during the day while Eric stayed with the kids. While I waited in the 40 min. fast pass line (the longest one yet) there were warnings all over that this could make you sick, or give headaches, not to ride if you have any of these symptons. By the time I got to the ride itself and they repeated the warning two more times and mentioned barf bags I was ready to walk off. But I didn't . I didn't get sick but it wasn't thrilling for me.

We also rode on the Nemo ride and went to an interactive show with Crush from the movie. The show with Crush was great. The kids got to ask him questions and he would answer them. It was quite funny and I would recommend it. Lexie loved it and Joshua was flipping out because he was tired and hungry so I had to take him out.

Epcot is kind of divided into parks. There is the ride part and then this world showcase part. They have different buildings from different countries and so it is like you are actually walking through France or something. We really only wento the America one. They had this great show called the Great American Adventure and it was truly awesome. It makes you remember what the early settelers of our country fought for and the hard work they put into making our country what it is. It was really good.

Thank you grandpa for a great trip!!!

After that we met up with the family for our princess dinner. I must gripe here. Twice now I have paid extra for a princess luncheon or dinner. You are suppose to get to see five princesses. The last time at Disneyland one of the "princesses" was the Fairy Godmother. Believe me I didn't pay to see the Fairy Godmother. This time at Disney World we got Alice in Wonderland. Hello she is in no way shap or form related to or in any kind of princess movie. I was pretty disgusted. Lexie was still excited to see them, I just wasn't too impressed.

Is Alice a princess I don't know about?

fter that we rode Spaceship Earth one more time and then took the kids home to get ready for bed to go and enjoy the Magic Hours. Once again my dad was kind enough to stay with them. Lexie and Ethan slept in my parents room. When we left they were sitting in bed watching Disney. When we come home this is how we found them.
During Magic hours all the late comers in my family rode the rides using the fast passes Eric and I got earlier while we sat and waited for them. We went back to the World Showcase to France where Eric got some pastries and we ended the night riding Soaring (a ride at Disneyland's California park) We left the park after midnight and went back to the hotel for our last night. Our trip was essentially over.
So the next morning we actually slept in until we had to check out at 11. The hotel has this cool thing where you can check in for your flight at the hotel and so all you have to do when you get to the airport is go straight to screening. They take your luggage and everything. We did that and it was great.
At the hotel checking in for our flight
Starting young with Joshua in carrying his own suitcase.
We had our last great meal and then we rushed back to Magic Kingdom to use up all of our snacks. We got cookies, rice crispy treats, cotton candy, strawberries, the best cinnamon rolls, apple slices, candy, you name it we got it. We had 25 snacks to use up and it was pretty fun to do. We then rushed back and we were driven to the airport where we boarded our plane for a 6 hour flight home. Yes much longer than the one going out and Joshua was horrible. It was a nightmare. Then when we got to LAX we waited for our hotel shuttle to come and after 45 min it did but there was only room for 3 of us to go, so 3 of us did to go pick up the cars and come back and get everyone else. But then when we tried to use our validated parking it was expired, the machine wouldn't take our credit cards and so we had to back out to go into the hotel and scream at them and then drive back to the airport. It was pretty exhausting and not a very great way to end a fun trip. Oh well you can't win them all.
Eric holding the bags from our quick trip to use our snacks. We looked like true tourists with all those bags.

No comments: