Sunday, March 29, 2009

Calico Ghost Town

I have found that since being about seven months pregnant I want to be doing something each weekend so the time flies by faster than just sitting around.  This surprises me because I thought that I would just want to sit on the couch and let Eric deal with the kids.  But I have yet to do that.  And even more odd behavior out of me is Eric asking each weekend if I want him to take the kids so I can have a day to myself--and me saying no I would rather be with them.  Am I crazy?  Anyways one of those weekends we decided to take a Saturday trip to Calico Ghost Town.   (We had just spent the day before at Disneyland) It is about 11 miles past Barstow.  Every time we have driven to Utah we pass it and say we should go there.  So we finally did it and we had a really good time.  The whole town is old wood buildings with different shops and different types of activities.  One of the best things was that all the extra activities were free for 8 and under.  The kids really enjoyed running around and looking at different items.  We panned for gold, rode a train, walked through a mine and went into a crooked house.  We also took one of those old western photos.  I have yet to scan it but when I do I will put it up because the kids look adorable.  

Lexie sitting in one of the carts that they carried the gold out of.  We tried to get a picture of both of them in it but Joshua was being very uncooperative.  Thus the picture below. 

The end of the day the kids were really wearing down and NOT listening at all.  Joshua is in the naughty corner here.

In the jail cell.  I wish I could have left them there.


Joshua was so excited to ride the train but once we got on it he just sat there completely enthralled but with no expression on his face.  I was hoping to capture a cute picture of him grinning or something  but he never did.


We walked up hill a lot.  Here is Joshua looking out at the town. 


Showing their gold.  Too bad it wasn't real.


They both really enjoyed panning for gold.  They kept swishing the pan like they were suppose to until there was only gold left in the pan.  Though Lexie then dipped hers under one more time and lost all the gold.  


Sitting in the school house wondering if I could spend the rest of the time there instead of walking around.


1 comment:

Linsi said...

What a neat place to visit--you guys are always doing fun activities together!