Eric and I have lived in LA county for four years. There are many places we have thought about going to or wanting to go to but never doing it. Either we are always gone or are waiting for the kids to grow up. Luckily for us we have friends that just go and we were invited. So in a period of a couple of weeks we hit two popular places that we have talked about going too--The Getty Museum and the Griffith Observatory.

We went to the Getty with our friends the Evans. It is a gorgeous place with an awesome view of the city and all kinds of artwork. Unfortunately for us the kids weren't too interested in the art and spent most of their time whining and crying and so I have no pictures of anything we saw because the camera was with me and I was usually out with the kids.

There was a kid place to go and that entertained the kids for a little bit while Eric and the Evans were able to look at other buildings. There was this huge white board wall that kids could color on. Joshua was in heaven, I was not so happy because I always tell him to not write on walls and here he was allowed too. With markers no less.


Here is the view, the kids were glad to be outside. It was a warm day but we did have an enjoyable day and now we can say we have gone to the Getty.

We were able to go to the Griffith Observatory with our friends the Birds, who have kids the same age as Lexie and Josh. It was a nice day out and all we really enjoyed ourselves looking around. The kids were surprisingly great. They seemed enthralled with some of the displays. Maybe they will grow up to be scientists.

The little girl next to Lexie is one of her best friends Sadie. They are two peas in a pod--pretty much girlie girls who love princesses and dressing up.

Somehow and I can't remember but that is the sun behind us. It is like reflecting through something. Anyways it is the sun and you can't see that image on a cloudy day so it is something.

My family not happy about having to take a family photo. Dang kids and husband.

This is Josh with his friend Sam. There was this big grassy area that the kids ran around on. Here in this picture the boys are trying to take their shoes off. Sam can take off his own. My child on the other hand won't and makes us do it. He sits down and starts squawking until we go to him and take them off. Anyways we had a really enjoyable time and got to cross yet another thing off of our list things to go too. I guess the only way to get us to those things is being invited by friends.
1 comment:
Sounds like fun. I think the same thing about where I live. We are so dang close to the mountains and hardly ever go.
Post a Comment