Monday, September 22, 2008

Trip to Idaho

Over Labor Day weekend Eric took the kids to visit his parents in Idaho. I asked him to remember to take pictures while he was there. The last time I asked him to remember to take pictures was when he went on the Daddy Daughter campout. He did take pictures--6 of Lexie laying on her sleeping bag in the tent. So I was actually impressed that he remembered to do it this time. He actually got the camera out the first 2 days and then it didn't see the light of day again. But at least he got it out.


Usually when I fly with the kids I have a carryon that will last us for 1-2 days. Anything I am going to need to survive if my luggage were not to show up. But since they were on a direct flight and I wasn't going, the only thing they carried on were a few toys. Unfortunately, their luggage went to Spokane and they went almost 24 hours without any clean clothes. To me that would have been a nightmare, but apparently it wasn't a problem for Eric and the kids.

Eric said that the kids spent almost all of their time in Idaho playing outside. One of their favorite things was "helping" Grandpa in the garden...

...although Grandpa might have used a different word than "helping" to describe it. They were able to come out of the garden bearing fruits (and vegetables)...

...raspberries...
...tomatoes...
... and corn on the cob.
Lexie found out that she loves corn on the cob. They ate it every night with dinner and she has begged for it ever since she's been home.

But their favorite thing to do was to go on a walk through the corn fields to the canal and throw rocks in the water. Lexie was excited to see the fields of corn because, "when Grandpa runs out, he can come here and pick some more." Eric said that if he didn't pick Josh up and carry him back to the house, he would still be there throwing rocks.

Don't ever let Eric watch the kids.

Josh practicing for his next trip to the canal.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Idaho is so pretty (for 4 months of the year). I love that picture with sunset in the background. Only Idaho can pull off a sunset like that. I miss it.

Laura said...

Wow...Eric's parents have an awesome garden.

Jen said...

How fun! And what a great garden your in-laws have. I'm totally jealous. Eric did a good job taking pictures. Sad about their luggage.

Why didn't you go with them?

Jess said...

What a fun trip for the kids! What did you do while they were gone? And most importantly how can I get my husband to go on vacation with all THREE of my kids!!??

Jen said...

You haven't posted in a while, so I have an idea for your next entry--tell the story about your cruiseship TIPPING. That's the craziest thing. You'll have to leave me another comment with the whole story. Like, why, and other such info. Wow.

And I know you said you don't gamble any more, but as a Nevadan I would like to point out that the Gambling Gods punished you for gambling somewhere other than Las Vegas.