Thursday, December 27, 2007
One of the Best Christmas Surprises
Well I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. We sure did. I will post pictures later but I just wanted to write about a special Christmas gift that we received. Most of you know my brother BJ and his wife Wendy. Well Christmas was at my parents this year and all of my siblings except BJ and Wendy were coming. Wendy is pregnant with her second child and instead of being on bedrest again she chose to have her cervix stitched up, with directions she couldn't travel past Provo. We were all really bummed not to have them come down because as many of you know BJ is really fun and he adds a great element to get togethers. Christmas' and family get togethers are so fun with him, plus my mom was really depressed about him not being there. Then Saturday morning at 10 I get a call from BJ asking what we were doing. Of course I don't mention all the fun we are having (though I did just wake up) and he says that while shoveling snow he decided to call the dr. and see if they could come down to California. He figured Wendy could sit in California just as well as Utah and the dr. said yes they could come. So he was calling to see if he should tell my mom or surprise her and trying to figure out the best way to come. Well he got a flight directly in to Bakersfield from SLC Sunday night at 10 and we decided to surprise her. I could only tell Eric. I must say it is so hard for me to keep a secret and I wanted to blurt it out fifty million times a day. I couldn't wait to see her reaction and kept counting down the hours until they would be here. Eric and i had a couple of contingency plans as to how to get him out of the house to the airport without anybody asking where he was. So Sunday night arrives and all of my extended family on my mom's side is spending the night. We are playing games and having fun and Eric sneaks out in the middle and my stomach is just in butterflies because I am so excited for my mom to see him and excited that he got to come. So finally around 11 I get the go ahead call and i tell my mom I need to talk to her privately and take her outside and she keeps asking me what is wrong and I point to BJ and Wendy walking up the driveway. When she finally realized who it was she was so excited. It was a great moment and well worth the secret. We then took him in to my dad and then one by one my siblings came up. None of them could believe that I could keep it a secret. But what a great surprise and a great Christmas present. So we are all here until January 2 and enjoying every minute of it (or at least most of the minutes.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a fun Christmas surprise! I can't wait to see pictures! I would have had such a hard time keeping such a fun secret, good job! Merry late Christmas!
Post a Comment