Boy was that weatherman ever wrong. A couple of weeks ago my family came down from Bakersfield to go to Disneyand. They took work and school off and came for a Friday. I must admit something here. I check the weather like 5 times a day. I just like to know what it is going to be. So the week before we were to go I checked the weather. Each day it said slight chance of rain or 20% chance of rain. The night before we went the weatherman said 30% chance of rain but mostly in San Diego. In California 30% means no chance what so ever so I wasn't too worried. 
Friday morning dawns and I wake up at 6am to get ready to be out the door at 8 (that didn't happen but we were only 30 minutes late) While I was doing my hair I looked out the window and it was raining. I didn't think too much of it because I was sure it would let up by the time we left. It NEVER let up. It poured on the drive to there and just as we were pulling into the parking garage it went down to a sprinkle. I was excited because it was stopping. But then walking out of the parking garage to the tram it was pouring once again. It was a nightmare holding an umbrella to keep Josh dry, push the stroller, and hold Joshua. Lexie was running around through puddles like it didn't matter if she got wet.

When we finally got in the park we bought ponchos. One for each person and one for each stroller to keep them dry and the stuff we brought dry. We put all of our blankets in a locker to keep them dry until it stopped raining. Joshua was in a horrible mood and wouldn't let anyone hold him but me (Eric was at work and wouldnt' get there until later) and even me holding him he was crying. We were debating whether or not to stay but since my family had come down for this we decided to stick it out hoping it would stop sometime.


One nice thing was that the park was not crowded at all. All of the rides had like 5-10 minutes lines. And when we got off the rides we spent alot of time in the stores. looking around. The longest ride we stood in was for Finding Nemo, but they let you take the strollers so it was ok. The only problem was that they take the strollers from you at the end and park them and we unfortunately weren't paying attention and the ponchos that were keeping them dry had shifted and so the head opening was right on the seats. When we got off the ride we found a huge puddle in each of the seats. Now are strollers were negated for riding in.
Eric was here by this point and we decided to go eat since it was still pouring. we were all drenched. The ponchos worked pretty good but our arms hung out and so my shirt sleeves and jacket sleeves were soaking wet. I tried to dry out by taking it off but it was very cold. And they didn't dry off.
I had put Lexie in tights and pants to ward off the cold and didn't think about bringing a pair of extra clothes. She walked around this wet until night time when it finally stopped raining and I bought her pants from one of the stores. She only complained like once. What a great kid.
It finally stopped raining at 3pm. We kept the ponchos on but were able to take the hoods off. And since it finally had stoppd we were able to get out the snacks we brought that we kept all nice and dry in the rain.
After the rain stopped we went to California park so Eric and my sister Rose could ride the bigger rides. The kids enjoyed playing on Santa's sleigh and Lexie and her cousin Ethan were able to ride on one of the big rides called Soaring Over California It is an awesome ride and I was glad she was tall enough to ride it. I put her in her boots hoping they would make her tall enough to ride some of the rides. I don't know if it was the boots or the rain but she ws able to ride the big rides. Because of the rain they never really measured her and so she got to walk right on. She rode Star Tours, Soaring, and Splash Mountain. Yes that is right Splash Mountain. When we came back to Disneyland we decided it would be fun to go on it. Since we were in ponchos we figured we wouldn't get wet. We were semi right. My shoes and socks got soaked but the rest of me didnt'. Lexie loved Splash Mountain and rode it 3 times. We stayed for the fireworks but since it started pouring again they didn't do the snow--bummer. Overall I would have to say it was a huge adventure going in the rain, but a fun adventure. It was nice being able to walk onto all the rides and not have the park crowded, though it wasn't as nice to be frozen to the core with no hope of warming up.
8 comments:
I want to go to Disneyland rain or no rain!!! Looks like fun!
Wow. You guys are troopers. I don't know if Wendy would have wanted to go still! Oh well. Glad you guys had fun.
How sad that it rained so much! I hope that your stroller got soaked after nap time so that Joshua could still take a nap...whenever we're out somewhere during naptime, it's so nice to have the stroller to use. That's cool that Lexie got to go on some of the bigger rides, though! Looks like you guys still had fun! :)
Your kids are adorable, even when soaked.
It has been so long since I've seen you; I'm glad Jess has a link on her blog. I'm glad to see you're doing well.
Wow, good for you guys for toughing it out. It looks like it was still lots of fun despite the crazy rain. So fun to see check out your blog! Your kids are too cute!
You guys are hardcore Meg. By the way, I didn't find sour altoids but I found sour icebreakers and the sourness does help a bit. Thanks for the advice.
Hey Martindales,
The Garcia's here. I saw your link from Beth's blog. I didn't see an email for you, but if you post one, I'll email you a invite to our site.
I love your site. Thanks for the christmas card.
Hey Garcia's I don't know how to post an email so hopefully you will get his but our email is meggie228@hotmail.com. Can't wait to see your site. I have been asking Eric to get the email address but he has been slacking.
Post a Comment