Thursday, November 15, 2007

Shoes


Yesterday I was at Target trying to find some shoes for Lexie. This may sound like a simple enough task but it isn't. She has wide feet and somewhat chubby feet and so I would pick up a pair thinking they would fit and sadly they wouldn't. She probaly tried on 20 pairs of shoes in all different shapes and sizes. While I was looking around for yet another pair for her, she found a pair of boots that she immediately put on. I was amazed with how fast they were on her feet. She pranced around in them like she was queen of the world. She was also very sweet to take them off everytime I had to try another pair of shoes on her. But as soon as the pair I was trying on her came off--the boots were back on. I kept debating whether or not she needed them, but finally decided she would get tons of wear out of them so it would be worth it. Plus the little bit of heel would make her tall enough to ride on some of the bigger rides at Disneyland. (she is an inch too short for them) We ended up walking out with three pairs of shoes all in different sizes--tennies, Sunday shoes, and her boots.

This morning I was woken up to her being so excited because she was dressed. This is what she was wearing. I thought she looked adorable. And for those of you who are thinking that winter is not a time for shorts--it was 90 degrees the last two days where we live. Anyways I am really glad I decided to get them because she is so happy with them. The only problem is that Joshua wants to wear them too. Maybe I will have to buy him a pair.

2 comments:

Kristalyn said...

I think you're right, those boots are a great investment! They look so cute on her! I love the picture of Lexie in her cowgirl outfit, and I have to admit, those boots are pretty cool! :)

Jess said...

I saw those shoes!!!! She looks adorable!!