
I love to take pictures and looking at pictures. I have always been jealous of the people who have that perfect fall picture--with the kid smiling and the autumn colors in the background. I thought it would be great to capture one of the those photos of my kids. So Eric and I took the kids to a pumpkin patch to try to capture a "fall" photo. When we first got to the pumpkin patch I was so excited because it was overcast and there were so many pumpkins, haybales, wagons, etc. Everything we needed to have a good picture. But alas, a few problems arose. 1. It started to rain. 2. Because of the rain we were stuck taking pictures under a tarp. 3. Joshua decided not to cooperate and either wouldn't smile or wouldn't stand still. So I didn't get my picture. Oh well there will be other years. Oh if you couldn't guess what their costumes were Lexie is Belle and Joshua is the Beast. Eric's mom made Lexie's dress and we bought a lion costume and then added clothes.

My mom and little sister Rose drove down for the occasion and after our attempt at the picture we took the kids on the little rides. Lexie and Joshua loved the train ride. Lexie wanted to ride it over and over but at $2 a ride that one didn't happen.


I was so proud of Lexie because she was acutally willing to ride the pony. The last time we put her on one she cried the whole time. She was somewhat scared but when we gave her a chance to back out she didn't. While she rode the pony Joshua was having a blast in the hay, whether eating it or just being in it.


After the pony ride we took the kids over to other ponies so they could pet them. Joshua was laughing and smiling and wouldn't stop touching them. That was until one of them nipped his hand. Then he didn't want anything else to do with them.

After the ponies we all went through the corn maze. It was getting dark and I wasn't quite sure how the kids would react. Joshua is our adventurous child and Lexie would be considered more of a wuss. But Lexie ran into that maze and never looked back. She would run through all the rows of corn that were just the perfect height for her but not for an adult. She wanted to scare people so she would run through telling whoever was with her to be quiet. Unfortunately for her she had lights on her shoes and where she thought she was quiet she wasn't, so she never managed to sneak up on anyone. She had a blast nonetheless. Joshua on the other hand started crying after the first boo.


After the corn maze, Rose and I went in a haunted house. It was pretty scary. We went through the whole thing clutching each others arms and laughing. Also as the older sister I had the right to push Rose in front of me before every turn so she was the one the people jumped out at. Overall we had a fun time and I was really glad we made the effort to go even though I didn't get my picture.
5 comments:
Yeayyyyyy Meg! You got a blog! I'm so excited!:)
Wow Meg, I never thought you'd conform. I'm a bit bummed you did. I'm also a bit bummed I have to start reading more about the life of Pink Noize. I still haven't gotten over our loss. Oh wel.
I'm sooooo glad that you conformed, the blogging clique is one of the better ones to be in. :) Every time that I got an email from you with all of those cute pictures, I always thought what an excellent blogger you would make.
I love how Lexie and Joshua both have the same huge grin in so many of your pictures. That is such a cute idea to have them be Beauty and the Beast!
I am SO glad you decided to do this. I love getting all of your pics. This is way easier than emailing them all out. Your kids are adorable! You look just like your mom too. It was fun to see your family pics.
Cute blog, Meg! And their Halloween costumes turned out so cute!!! I think it was a total miracle that we got our fall pictures this year. You can't tell in the pictures but we were freezing!!! Luckily BJ and Clara don't seem to get cold easily.
Post a Comment