Sunday, November 4, 2007

Time Out For Couples

I love going to Women's Conference and Eric has enabled me to go twice. One of the years I didn't go I went to a Time Out For Women in Long Beach. Those are put on by Deseret Book and are like a little Women's Conference. A couple of months ago I found out about a Time Out For Couples and told Eric we were going. He was a good sport and didn't put up much of a fight, though I know that it didn't sound that fun to him. So we, my parents and my sister Sarah and her husband Mike also got tickets for it. So on Friday we got to go. I was looking forward to it all week and couldn't wait for Friday to get here. I had a babysitter and was all set to go. Poor Eric, I think, was dreading it. He had been working long days because of those dang California fires. If a fire is in his forest then he is part of the recovery team. Has soon as the fires are out he has to go in and survey the damage to the roads and water systems. They only have 7 days from when the fires first get put out, and these fires were big. The kids didn't even see him on Monday and Tuesday and his long days made my days very long. I felt bad for him but I also felt bad for me because I am use to him being home at 5 or earlier and him not being home at all was so not fun. I am spoiled I know. He didn't even get home Friday until right before we had to go and was so tired. But he was a trooper and didn't complain. The session was 3 hours long and they only had 2 speakers. I was kind of concerned about Eric being able to stay awake through two talks but I shouldn't have worried. The session was AWESOME. It was way better than any of my expectations. I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. If any of you have the opportunity to listen to Kim Nelson speak, do. He was so funny but got his points across as well. Jenny Jordan Frogley was the musical presenter and she was great. Eric and I agreed that she had one of the best voices. She sang humorous songs, country songs, and one church song--but no matter what she sang I really enjoyed it. So the point of this really long email is that if you ever have a Time Out For Couples by you, go to it. Ours was awesome and would go back in a heartbeat. Eric will probably kill me for saying that he enjoyed it--because he has an appearance to keep up :)

1 comment:

Kristalyn said...

I've never heard of Time Out for Couples! I just went to the Time Out for Women in Denver a couple weeks ago, and it was great! I feel so sorry for both you and Eric that he has to deal with those fires!! I hate when David gets home late. Did the fires get close to where you guys live?