Our third day of our trip we headed to Epcot. That morning there were Magic Hours but I woke up late and so instead of making everyone late we sent the boys out to enjoy the rides without kids and then we met them there when the park opened for breakfast with the princesses. I am sad because we never got a picture in front of the ball. I honestly thought we would go back to Epcot but we never did.
Epcot is divided into two parts. There is the World Fair side and the rides side. The World side is divided into countries. Each country as different landmarks about it and they only serve their native food. And only people from that country can work there. It is quite cool. That is where our breakfast was. It was at a Norwegian restaurant. We first got to meet Belle and have our picture taken with her. She was in a beautiful Christmas gown. I let Lexie pick one princess dress to bring and so she picked Snow White.
Lexie forgot to bring a pair of her princess shoes and we only packed tennis shoes and so she was pretty upset. So to make her happy I told her she could take off her shoes while the princesses were coming around to the tables. And just a disclaimer, she
was excited to see the princesses but none of the pictures show that.
Oft times the princesses will kiss the little boys there. Ryan was no exception. How awesome to get kissed by Cinderella. Every man's wish come true.
Josh wearing a Norwegian helmet.
After breakfast we decided to stay on the world side and visit each country. It shouldn't have taken to long but with our big group people go off in one direction and the rest of us would wait. I must admit I was often the one going off. I decided I wanted a picture in front of each country and Eric actually humored me.



Andy and Lexie playing the drums at a trading post.
The world side of the park was decorated so beautifully. Each country decorated for Christmas and it was so cool to see their different takes. I loved all the decorations.
One of our wanderings. There was hardly any line for Snow White. Fortunately, Wendy joined me in this wandering so I didn't get yelled at. They are in front of the wishing well.
Some of the group sat here while we were at Snow White.
The other side of this lake is the ride part of the park. Epcot is HUGE. There is so much walking to be done.
Meeting Belle and the Beast. Ryan was enthralled.
We didn't make it to all the countries because we were wearing out. So we stopped at America to have lunch and then headed to the other side of the park.
We took turns riding Soaring and this little boat cruise. And then rode the Nemo ride.
This trip Lexie had many mishaps. She has been chewing gum for years and has never gotten it in her hair. Then right before Soarin' she got some in her hair. So for the rest of the day she had to wear that napkin in her hair. Then when we got back to the hotel we cut it out and then when we got back from vacation she got a hair cut.
That night I dinner was at the Garden Grill. It was a rotating restaurant and the kids got to meet Chip N Dale, Pluto, and Mickey.
Josh trying to mimic
Ryan really like all the characters...
...especially their noses.
2 comments:
What a great vacation, with awesome memories. Your grandpa is so generous. How cool.
I'm bummed we didn't get a picture up-close in front of the ball too. We should've insisted! At least we got one from across the lake.
Post a Comment