Well since my two sister in laws have managed to already post their pictures of our trip to Disney World I decided I should do the same thing. So in fair warning there are going to be tons of pictures and maybe a lot of writing so I will remember it all for scrapbooking. So I hope you enjoy the pictures. My grandpa was kind enough to take my whole family (
all 21 of us) on an all expense paid trip to Disney World. We had to pay our tips at the meal and that was it. I don't know how you can be that. The hotel we stayed at was the closest to both monorail systems, and he got us the deluxe meal plan which enabled us each to have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Many of our meals were eating with the characters and were either buffets or a meal that included appetizer, main course, drink and dessert. It is amazing we all didn't get fat but I took my pedometer and we walked about 45 miles. The trip there was long but the kids did really well. Our first meal using our meal plan was at the Kona Kafe. It is a really good place and I was looking forward to it so much especially for the dessert.
This is the dessert and it really is delicious. Look at huge that thing is. What a way to start the trip off.
Our first day we woke up early and headed to breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. The kids were so excited. They got to see Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. Eric and I could care less about Stitch but Josh and Lexie were actually excited to see him.
Lexie excited for one of the characters. Not sure which one.
The whole group that morning, minus my grandpa and my bro in law and his twins.
From there we headed to Magic Kingdom. Lexie's favorite ride of all time is Splash Mountain and she could hardly contain herself. Fortunately, my brother BJ wanted to take his daughter on it and so we all headed over as a family. The day was actually quite cold and so I got out my poncho to wear so I wouldn't get wet. My family was mocking me but slowly they all caved except for BJ who was adamant he wouldn't get wet and so on. He may not have if he had
thought it through and hadn't insisted on riding in the front. Since there were 12 of us on the boat and of those 12 there were only three kids the boat was pretty heavy and BJ got drenched.
Here is a picture of all of who rode it still wearing our ponchos and BJ standing wet. I should add that his daughter hated the ride with a capital "H".
After that we headed to Pirates of the Caribbean which is also one of Lexie's favorite rides. Josh on the other hand hates that ride and that is with a capital "H" too. So I took him to ride Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride with BJ and Clara, and Rose. When we met up with the group again the kids were playing on this stage like thing with all these boxes while the adults were ignoring talking about what we should do next.
Here is Lexie one minute on the stage...
... and here is her smile a minute later.
She was crying up a storm but fortunately she didn't get a fat lip and was able to eat and everything she just chipped two of her PERMANENT teeth. What are the chances. Eric and I were so bummed especially since our health insurance is so good and our dental is crap. Why couldn't she have cut her head open and had stitches. Anyways that put a damper on our trip for a few hours and then we just got over it. And to cheer her up we rode Aladdins' ride again.
Riding Aladdin. Josh loved controlling going up and down.
Aren't they cute?
That night we had dinner with Winnie the Pooh and Friends. While we were waiting to be seated we had a direct view of Cinderella's Castle (the one at Disneyland is Sleeping Beauty's Castle) They had it decorated with tons of lights that made it look like it was covered with diamonds. This castle is absolutely beautiful. You can't get better than it. It is always a let down when I see the Disneyland castle after Disney World's.
The glittering castle.
Not sure what to think. But he warmed up as the week wore on.
At this meal we got to see Eyeore, Piglet, Tigger and Pooh. The kids loved it. They had a little parade that kids march behind the characters and Josh was in seventh heaven. Last time we were here he wouldn't go near the characters and this time he was all over it (if he was in a good mood that is).
Ryan grabbed my cookie off of my plate while I was taking pictures. After he slobbered all over it I didn't want it back.
Joshua spends an awful lot of time on the floor pooping. Yes he is still in a diaper and yes we are so done with it but he has a huge problem with poop. Anyways so we don't pay attention anymore when he is on the floor. But when I looked down at this meal here he was eating his dessert on the floor. And for the rest of the week I would often find him on the floor eating his dessert. I think it was because he was hiding from us because he didn't eat his meal.
So this was our first day and it was a good one.
4 comments:
Wow how cool...a trip to Disney world. Hope you went to Animal Kingdom...I would love to get over there. More fun when the kids are bigger like yours. Talk about cool vacations this year! Hawaii...Florida...and you live in California! Not fair for us Utah folk that have the frigid winter. JK it's not that bad. Looking forward to more...
You guys got a cool picture of the castle. None of ours really turned out great. I may have to steal it from you :).
How nice of your grandpa to pay for everyone! I bet it was so fun to have all the family together doing the Disney World parks! I bet that will be a vacation everyone will have special memories about. Great pictures. I especially like how Pooh bear is cuddling with Ryan.
You and that dessert look really delicious. (Is that like one of the comments from the creeps leaving comments on your blog?; Sorry.;) You look really good in the pic though.
Post a Comment