Thursday, January 21, 2010

Disney World Part 2--Animal Kingdom

This is us on our second day early in the morning waiting for the bus to take us to Animal Kingdom for our breakfast with Donald Duck. I took this picture because everyone was pretty sullen looking. For the picture they increased their sullenness but no one looked too happy. It could be because the night before the adults stayed out until 2am at Magic Kingdom for Magic Hours. One thing about staying in a Disney Resort is that you get to do Magic Hours which is the parks open up earlier or stay open later for those staying in the hotels. It is a great thing and enables us a chance to ride rides that are otherwise always crowded. So we were all pretty tired at this point in the morning.

This is the whole group taking a picture with Donald Duck. I know the picture is crap but I do like it of everyone and I am too lazy to photoshop.

Meeting Goofy.

Meeting Mickey Mouse again.

For some reason this trip Lexie was most excited to meet Daisy Duck. I didn't even know she liked him.

Goofy entertaining the benefactor of our trip, my grandpa. Isn't he adorable. Goofy was fooling around with him and it was fun to watch.

My little bro Andy with his son Jackson and Ryan and I.

After breakfast we headed out to the park to ride rides. But the hour that we were in eating the park got pretty crowded. That is one thing about going during Christmas--it was packed all the time!!! We took the kids to DinoLand so they could ride Dino Dumbo (I named it that because it is a ride just like Dumbo but it is a dinosaur. So creative. Josh loved this ride because he could control it going up and down.

Ryan didn't like it so much.
What my dad was doing while we were riding Dino Dumbo.

You can't really tell but in the background is a tall white mountain. That is actually a roller coaster called Everest Expedition. It is my favorite ride. By far. The line is horribly long but we always worked it with Fast Passes and Rider Swap Passes. It helped that we could usually get 12 tickets and 4 of those were kids that couldn't ride it and then some got sick on it too. Better for me because it enabled me to ride it more :)

This is the ride Everest Expedition. Eric and I are in the back row going down the steep hill. It is a great thrill and riding in the back is the absolute best. Man that ride is awesome. Why can't they build it here in California.

After we rode Everest a few times we headed back to our hotel to take naps so we could stay out longer at our next park. Our dinner that night was at a 50's dinner at the Hollywood Studios park but it wasn't until like 9 so we thought we would take a nap and then head over and ride a few rides. Unfortunately by the time we got there the place was pretty packed and all the rides had huge lines. I am going to make a confession here and say that we obtained some Rider Swap Passes without having anyone actually in line. Thus we were able to ride Tower of Terror another of my favorite rides. Lexie loves to lose her stomach and I took her on the at Disney's California down by us and she hated it but she has ridden it a few times since. Not liking it each time but still riding it. During this whole vacation any ride she didn't want to ride we bribed her with cotton candy (using one of her snacks) and she would ride them. She amazes me because she will do it. She may not ride them again but at least she does them once.

Anyways also at Hollywood Studios was a street lit up with Christmas lights. It
was absolutely awesome. It is rows and rows of christmas lights and they blink on and off based on a show that they do with awesome music. It truly was amazing and I am SOOO glad that we got to see it. This picture doesn't even do it justice. The kids were so excited too.

Our family in front of the lights--obviously.

It was very cold the first few days of our stay and Ryan often wore this bear outfit outside because it covered his hands and feet. This is what he did with the beanie he was wearing during the light show.

This is how it looked after the light show. He is just so cute.

Ryan so excited for our meal at the 50's diner. Each meal I looked forward most to the dessert. So did Ryan and the kids.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ahhh....that last pic of you and Ryan makes me miss that kid so much. He has a total Jackson face there...I'm impressed with your commetary...I still need to write my summary.

Wendy said...

I'm still annoyed at that crappy group picture that guy took of us. I know he wasn't going to get any money out of it since it was your camera, but he could've easily stuck his hand up to cover the sun like he did when he took the picture with his camera! Some people!