Saturday, July 4, 2009

Our Trip to Hawaii

Us just getting off the plane.
About three weeks ago my grandpa took my family to Hawaii and it was a great vacation. Eric and I were fortunate that his parents and sister came down and stayed with Lexie and Josh so all we had was Ryan. Him being a newborn made some things way easier and other things not so easy. Like the plane flight over he only cried at the very end when Eric hit his head on the window. Other than that he slept. I actually think he was easier on the plane rather than being pregnant because then you are uncomfortable. He was easy to cart around and slept for the most part. Plus he is little enough that people still wanted to hold him. The downside--I was nursing all the time except once at night meaning Eric "ditched" me a lot to go play in the water or tennis and I got to stay with Ryan. I was still waking up in the middle of the night to feed him and so when we would get called or texted early in the morning about going somewhere I was usually a little grumpy. I mean everyone else got to sleep through the night. And since babies can't have sunscreen on he wasn't able to go in the sun and he would get hot in his infant seat and so I didn't get to sit on the beach relaxing like I wanted. But other than that we had a great time. The weather was pretty perfect and our hotel was awesome. We stayed at the Turtle Bay Resort on the North side of Oahu. We were next to some great beaches. We had endless meals and drinks and a lot of fun with family. The vacation went way too fast and I found I needed another one just to recover from it. Also if you have been keeping up on my complaining about having the post pregnant gut in Hawaii--it was there and so after seeing me in a swimsuit it made me come right home and join the gym. So next time I go to Hawaii I will look awesome in a suit :) So here are some of the tons of pics. we took in no particular order because I am too lazy to switch them around.
This was a wall in the pool at the hotel. The guys were trying to see if they could climb it. This is as far as Eric got.
Playing the Seven Flys Up or something like that. I of course never got the ball but it was great to be active again after so long of sitting on the couch.

Ryan in his swimsuit--that never got wet. I just thought he looked absolutely adorable in it.
Eric jumping off the cliff at Waimea Bay. He did it quite a few times. I use to jump but ever since my ear drum burst I don't do it anymore. It doesn't even look fun to me now.

The guys playing the football game again. Do you see BJ getting elbowed in the face. Wendy took this picture and did an awesome job of catching it.

At Waimea Bay. It was overcast that day and so the water doesn't look as beautiful as it usually does. We struggled with it being completely sunny and then it just pouring down rain. It made it hard to take pics. sometimes because no one wanted to sacrifice their cameras gettting wet.

All of my siblings and their spouses in the pool at the hotel. Eric is taking the picture.

This needs no explanation

The only kids on the trip. Some people were able to leave the kids at home, enabling us all to be able to enjoy the ones there. Aren't they cute.

The benefactor of the trip, my grandpa, at the Polynesian Culture Center

We went to the swapmeet at the stadium and it was HOT, HOT, HOT. But we found a lot of stuff for pretty good prices.

Eric trying to light a fire so he could make it onto survivor. He never was able to do it. I guess he will never survive a tie breaker challenge if he were on Survivor.


The flower telling him he is single. He wasn't too happy about it.

I just love this picture. How can you have a cuter face than that?

The temple is closed all year because they are working on it but we still went and got the pictures. I am so glad we did. The temple grounds are always so beautiful and peaceful.


The only time Ryan was in the sun. He wanted to get a tan like his dad.

The whole group at the hotel. My brother BJ had us all organized so the photo would turn out but my dad didn't get the memo about sitting and the side of the family behind Eric and I didn't get the memo about if you aren't seen say something so the people in front of you will kneel down. I am blocking my nephew, Etahn, and Eric is blocking my mom.


On the flight home. He is ready to fly the plane.

We really had a great time. My grandpa gave all of us a certain amount of money to spend on any type of food we wanted making it so we were never hungry and getting virgin drinks whenever we wanted. It was hard to come home and go out to eat and not order the dessert afterwards. He also took us on a shopping spree at the airbase there and that was a lot of fun. Though we probably won't invite the boys again. All they got were giftcards to use elsewhere. Eric and my brothers and brother in law played tennis a few times in the heat. BJ ended up beating Eric who had beat everyone else so I guess that means that BJ is better. But Eric says he was dehydrated or something. They need a rematch. Anyways I already miss it and in looking at the pictures I wish I was back. Lexie was bummed she didn't get to go and so she asked my grandpa if he would take us again and he said sure, and so she packed a bag. I have told her to unpack it because we are not going anytime soon but she won't.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Ryan's tan looks just like Eric's--just a little less hairy!

Jen said...

How fun! I've heard really good things about the resort where you stayed. We're here until next July, so if you want another vacation when you no longer have a newborn, let me know! And except for today, it's almost always sunny where we live, which I thought would be nice but with without AC it's just hot. Though the beach is amazing. Eric can continue to work on his tan, and you and I can try to lose baby weight.

Rheanna said...

Looks like so much fun...I want to go to Hawaii some day! Ryan is ADORABLE! I love all the pictures of him...newborns are fun, and you are right...babies grow way too fast!