We spent Fourth of July at my parents house. We had a really fun weekend but it seemed to go by way to fast. I decided this year I was going to make the kids shirts this year and I think they turned out okay. I got the idea from Family Fun and it was pretty easy. We spent the day swimming, eating, playing patriotic music, watching Independence Day, and then letting off fireworks. And then ended the night eating homemade ice cream.
We didn't spend too much time in the pool as it was over a 100 degrees and the pool just felt like a warm bath. But what time we did spend in there was quite fun. The kids love to swim and it wears them out great.
Our attempt at a family picture.
Lexie crying. I think she was way tired from the day because she kept crying all night. Kind of puts a damper on things.
So each year we buy about $100 worth of fireworks and set one off at a time. there are people around the neighborhood who let off illegal ones but I don't mind since we get to see them. So this year as we were letting off each of ours individually our neighbors would let off like 10 at a time and then some illegal ones too. Their show was way better than ours. Our one firework would be going off and we would be looking the other way. SO we have decided that we shouldn't waste our money but just go out and watch theres. They spend a fortune on fireworks. But we know they have it since David Carr (the NFL QB) is always there for them. His mother in law lives next door.
How my kids spent the better part of letting off fireworks--hiding behind my chair.
Ryan before the fireworks began..
...right after the first one was let off. He did really well and only cried for a second when a picalo pete was let off.
Here is our festive table. You don't eat outside because it is too dang hot. The kids loved the little pinwheels. And yes we got lazy and decided to buy ready made desserts rather than make them.
And I just had to add this picture because it is so rare for me to like one of me, but I like both of us in this one and since it was taken on the Fourth I get to include it :)
1 comment:
You look gorgeous!!! And nice job on the t-shirts too! I saw those in Family Fun and thought, wow, I should totally do that...next year! :)
Talk to you soon! :)
Malea
Post a Comment