Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ryan's First Pool Experience

Even though we have a pool at our house this was Ryan's first time in one. It hasn't been too warm in California and so our pool feels cool and we knew Ryan wouldn't like being put in a cold bath so when we were up in Bakersfield for the Fourth he had his first experience with the pool. He wasn't all smiles but he seemed to enjoy it anyways. He didn't cry like Joshua always did when we put him in the pool


Testing the waters by putting his feet in slowly.

He already knows how to hold himself up. What talent.

He didn't seem to enjoy the ring at all. He wanted to be held.

He is our smallest kid but he still has rolls. I love little baby fat.

Lexie couldn't get a real smile for the life of her.

Here she did a better job.


Lexie is our little swimmer and loves to be in the pool. From the moment I wake up until she goes down I hear non stop can I go swimming. Gets kind of old after the second asking. But she is a really good swimmer. She essentially taught herself since she has only had swim lessons once and yet when we took her floaties off this year she swam to us perfectly.


When you see the front of his head do you actually expect to find this in the back...

He's got a great skullet.

2 comments:

Malea said...

Looks like you had a blast and I can't wait to come swimming in a few weeks at your house!!! Yes I am inviting myself over because in a few, well maybe 7, weeks hopefully I will have baby AND stone AND "party bag" out of my body, and I will be able to swim!!!
Miss you guys!
Malea :)

Wendy said...

Those pictures are seriously SO DANG CUTE! I especially love the one where he's "holding" the noodle! HE is such a cute baby! And he's chubbed up a lot since Hawaii. You must be feeding him whole milk ;).