Here they are intently watching what is going on. They are enjoying it and seemed enthralled.
As soon as the lizard was brought down to their level Josh was off. He ran to a corner and hid behind a plant.
Lexie was no better. When the reptiles were brought around this is the face she usually made upon being asked if she wanted to touch them. Unfortunately, her mom was yelling at her Lexie just touch the thing, don't be a baby.
At which point she would gingerly touch whichever reptile was in front of her. Slowly the kids got more and more use to what was being brought around and didn't need so much urging from their mom.
With each reptile the reptile man would ask my nephew to pick some volunteers. He picked Lexie toward the end and she went up excited for what she was going to get to do. Every kid before her had cockroaches crawling on them, holding lizards, or turtles so I don't know what she thought she was going to get.
Here is what she got. The first snake. I was impressed that when she saw it that she didn't run away. She kept her hands out and let the guy put the snake on her but she kept her chin on her chest making her face. She held it for about 30 seconds before she gave it away and ran away from touching anymore reptiles.
Joshua was the last kid to get picked. He was so excited to be able to finally go to the front. He eagerly put out his hands and had no reservations when he got his reptile.
Even when the snake was put in his hands he was content holding the end of the snake and didn't move until the guy took the snake back.
The last part of the show was getting out the Python and letting all the kids hold it. Lexie actually did it and was fine with it. Joshua was off playing but when he realized what was happening he came running.
He went right to the snake and helped Lexie hold up her part of the snake. Then the show was over and all the reptiles were put away and my kids become much happier. Fortunately this was one birthday party they didn't ask us to repeat. But on the other hand my nephew loved every minute of it. Go figure. He will hold reptiles but he screams like a banshee when he is face to face with characters at Disneyland.
5 comments:
Wow what a party! I think I'm with Joshua--If that python were that close to me I think I would be going to the corner and hiding behind a plant, too.
That's a great idea for a party. Freaky, but totally cool for the kids. I love the pictures of your kids' faces! I'd react with Lexie's face anad Joshua's speed. So cute. But did their mom touch any of the snakes? :)
Wow, that is really cool. Cade would have totally been in his element. Did you really make Lexie touch the reptiles, cause I'm not sure I would have touched them. Did you?
Horrible Mom! You made her touch a python? You know our mortal lives are being recorded, right? Holy son of a gun!
Ha! Ha! Ha! I laughed at so many parts of this post!!! First, picturing Josh hiding behind the plant; second, Lexie's scared face; third, Lexie's face when she's holding the snake; and finally when you said Ethan loved the reptiles but screamed like a banshee when he met Disney characters!!! Ha ! Ha! Ha!
Post a Comment