Thursday, February 5, 2009

The New Year


We left Idaho and drove to my parents house to spend the New Year with them.  My mom started this tradition a few years ago that everyone hasto come up with 30 minutes of an activity and everyone has to participate.  It has been quite fun but sometimes we get on an activity and don't want to stop.  Thus we run out of time because the New Year comes and then we go off to bed.  This year Wendy taught us a game with Tootsie Rolls and catching them. 

 The kids loved it and really got into it.   Lexie would get so excited when she caught someone's tootsie roll.

BJ and my dad combined their time (and I think Eric did too) and we played Craps.  It is a good thing we don't gamble because it is addicting.  I did so well all night.  I mean I was really rich and ready to go to Vegas and then in three straight turns I lost most of it.  Who knew that two 3's and one 2 would be rolled.  Making me lose a total of $1500.  I never got a chance to gain it back because it was time to move onto another game.  But I think I was really lucky and could make a lot of money in Vegas.  If only the Prophet would change his mind.  

The next game was mine and we played Spoons and Scum.  My dad couldn't get a spoon for the life of him.  And in scum BJ was near the top and ragging on the peons telling them why they would never make it to the top and then BJ managed to lose and go from top to scum.  It was pretty funny.  After that things kind of fell apart as kids needed to go to sleep and so the games didn't continue like planned.  We did manage to get in a game of Scene It on Xbox 360.  I like that game, but Eric and I didn't win.  And then the New Year came.  

We tried to get the kids to do a cheers with us.  But they weren't cooperating.  This is our attempt at a picture.  Soon after it the kids went to bed and I followed right after.  The next day Eric, Rose and BJ all went to Magic Mountain and had a blast.  I was so jealous I couldn't go.   But the next day the girls got a pedicure and i really enjoyed that.  If I were rich that would be a once a week occurrence.   I can't believe it is already 2009 and that January is already gone.  Where does the time go?  But I am hoping for a good year.  And I hope everyone else has a good year too. 

4 comments:

BJ said...

That was a great summary meg. I think I'll just write a post about the new year on our blog and link it to yours. Good pictures too.

Emily said...

I heard about the gambling night! We went to a work party for Shawn a few years ago and we did pretend gambling. I agree that it is so much fun! I'm going to have to ask Wendy about the tootsie roll game. It sounds fun.
So when are you going to start to look pregnant?

Kristalyn said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! It reminded me a tiny bit of all of the fun we used to have during game nights in the COlony. That was hilarious what you wrote about if only the prophet would change his mind about gambling. :) I forgot how to play scum...maybe I'll look it up, 'cuz I remember it was fun.

Linsi said...

That sounds like a fun tradition. I'll have to remember it. Scum is one of my favorite games. I haven't been in the blog world for a bit and just read that you are having another baby--that's so exciting! I hope you are feeling well!