Monday, August 18, 2008

Can you Guess Where we Went?

You would be right if you guessed Disneyland. Well acutally California Adventure which is the other park at Disneyland. After a whole summer of not going we were really excited. A friend of mine was able to get 8 of us and so there were 8 kids and only 3 adults. Sometimes it felt very wearing but for the most part we had a great time. There is a new ride at California called Toy Story Mania and it is so much fun. I think it is one of my favorite rides now and Lexie loved it. She actually got a pretty good score. The only bummer thing about the day was how hot and humid it was. I don't think I have ever been at an amusement park when it has been so hot. We were all drenched in sweat pretty much the first hour. All the kids getting ready for Toy Story Mania. It was an hour line but it moved pretty fast and the kids did reasonably well.
After Toy Story Mania some of us rode the water ride. You had to be 42" and Lexie was like a millimeter short and so they wouldn't let her on it. The adults had a great time getting cooled off but the kids were still hot so we took them to a water play area. They had a blast running around in it. They got drenched. I actually rung out their clothes. But they were cool the rest of the day.

Joshua fell asleep with a sucker in his mouth. He was so exhausted but he did well all day.
When my two friends were riding Tower of Terror I stayed back with the kids. It was pretty cool because I was just sitting on the floor keeping an eye on everyone when Elastic Girl came over to the strollers and started interacting with the kids. It was great because we usually have to stand in lines to get pictures with the characters and here she came right up to us. I should interject here that even though Lexie was too short to ride the water ride she was tall enough to ride Tower of Terror. So I took her on it. Probably not the brightest thing I have done. I forgot that it is pretty scary I was only thinking that she would like losing her stomach when the elevator fell. The whole ride is based on a Twilight Zone episode when a family disappears from an elevator. Lexie was scared to death. She didn't cry which was great but whenever people screamed she would jump out of her seat. At the beginning she said she didn't want to disappear either. Poor kid. I won't make her ride it again anytime soon.
Even though we were gone for about 12 hours with my friends when my mom and sister came down two days later to go, Lexie and I went with them. We went on a Saturday and I was amazed with how uncrowded the park was. We had gotten a late start because we had driven all the way to Disneyland when I realized I had forgotten the tickets. I know not the brightest thing. The lines to all the rides were so short. The longest was Toy Story Mania at 30 min.
The roller coaster ride was only 10 min. long. It is seriously a great roller coaster. I lose my stomach on it all the time but it is so smooth so you aren't jerking all over the place. This is my mom and Rose right at take off.
While Rose and I were riding rides that Lexie was too short for my mom took her on some smaller ones. This one goes up and semi slowly goes back down making the kids lose their stomach. I guess it was a much better ride for Lex than the Tower of Terror. She really liked it. My mom took Lexie on the Carousel where she was picked to be princess of the ride. She loved it and wore her crown all day. Notice her shoes. They are just normal shoes. But I got smart this time and...
...changed her shoes to her boots so she would be tall enough to ride the water ride. It worked and she loved the ride. She especially loved when other people got wet. I love when I work the system. So overall we had a good time both days. I love going there and I am excited because my mom and Rose got season passes so they should be going with us a few more times. Anyways now that our tickets aren't blocked out anymore we should be spending a lot more time at Disneyland. I am excited.

No comments: