This post is about our Labor day and then just some misc pictures that I had. I think this is one of our first Labor Days we ever spent at home. Usually we go up to my parent's house or are just out of town. But since we were home we decided it would be fun to utilize our backyard and pool. So we invited some families in our ward over for a BBQ and swimming. I was calling it the end of summer last swim. Unfortunately the weather didn't get the word because it continued to be warm enough to swim.
The kids were so funny. They played the whole day in the sun. They even argued when we put their little table in the shade to eat. But then they laid out in the shade. Guess they don't care about being tan.
We dragged over Josh's basketball hoop and played some games of Lightening. That is not an easy game to play in the pool. Way easier on dry land. And if we were on dry land, I would have killed you Steven. Our friend Steven won pretty much all the games (even when eric and I tried to gang up on him or when I cheated) but he let us win the last few so we would still like him. It was fun and a great workout.

Can you believe this is Ryan's first time in our pool--EVER. Our pool hasn't gotten warmer as summer as worn on. And Ryan hates cold water. Plus we couldn't put sunscreen on him. But I decided he would do okay this time. But he didn't like it too much. He was much happier out of the water. It was so funny that his swim suit he wore to Hawaii which drowned him was now really tight. How do they grow so fast.
Not quite sure what to think of the water. But soon his face changed to one of dislike when he figured out what to think of the water.
Eric's sister Teresa gave us this really cute outfit and we just loved how Ryan looked in it. Eric is a huge baseball fan and so it was fun to see him look like a little Babe Ruth. We got out one of Eric's souvenir bats and tried to capture a picture of him holding it. He didn't quite grasp the concept of him holding it.
Lexie is the BEST helper when it comes to Ryan. When she wakes up in the morning she comes in and takes him from me so I can get a little bit more shut-eye. She loves to hold him, sing to him, and just be around him. She also loves to have her picture taken with him. Sadly she probably thinks the only time she will get a picture is if he is in it.
My sister Sarah had twins at the end of August and when we went up to see them they weren't even a week old. I just love this picture because of Ryan's face as well as how white he looks compared to the girls. He is going to be a good big cousin.
1 comment:
It looks like you guys had a fun Labor Day. It's hard to picture that swimsuit being tight on him since it was so big on him in Hawaii! And I love the picture of him in the baseball outfit! SOOOO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment