Monday, August 31, 2009

Will Rogers Memorial House

Some of us had always wanted to go to the Will Roger Memorial House. So we decided that while my family was down we would go do that. So after going to the Dodger game and getting home really, really late (because of a certain Nazi from the previous post) we got up the next morning to go. Eric and I were fortunate to take advantage of free babysitting and we went to the temple before leaving. So we didn't actually get out until noon. Eric and I were also suppose to stop and pick up Subway for everyone so we could have a picnic but we thought we would find one closer to Will Rogers. So we are headed out and the place is in Los Angeles. We don't hit any traffic and we were just cruising along until about 2 miles from our destination--then it came to a standstill. We were probably in it for about an hour. To make matters worse there was no Subway. It was 2 when we got there and I am so smart I decided not to pack snacks for the kids since we were going to be eating lunch there (the one we didn't have) Anyways we got out and the place has polo grounds that the team was actually practicing on. The horses were gorgeous. We all just sat there in awe of their grace and beauty. There was a cool breeze so it was just pleasant. And the kids didn't whine about being hungry. We then took a tour of his house which was quite amazing and saw a video about him. It was quite funny. Anyways we were now hitting the point of starvation (for my family this is a very very bad place to get) so we headed out to the nearest Islands 10 miles away. We ate a ton because we were making up for not eating earlier. When we left it was now rush hour traffic on a friday in LA. Not the best situation to be in. The kids all crashed which was really good since we spent two hours in traffic to get home. You would think that since we spent 4 hours in the car to get there and back and only spent 2 hours there that we probably didn't like it but I really liked the place and would love to go back on a non Friday. So after my very long story here are the pictures.
Sitting in homemade rocking chairs outside the house. We were probably laughing at my mom.


Rose kept having my mom pose for pictures.

We were fortunate enough to have one of the Polo players come up and let us pet his horse. The kids loved it. And we loved the special attention. We were pretty much the only ones there. I am assuming because no one was stupid enough to do it on a Friday during rush hour.

It may seem that Ethan is choking Joshua--but that is not so. He was holding him in place. We kept trying to get a picture of the kids with my grandpa but everytime I clicked it Joshua was running off--this was Ethan's solution. I don't know what it was but Joshua didn't want to be in any pictures he acted as if he were interested in everything else. He even went up to a trash can opened the lid and said "Wow look guys Trash." Not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Eric humored me with this picture. I wanted to take one on the slope like the kids did but the kids wouldn't cooperate. Dang them

They cooperated in this one.

And this is just a really cute picture of my happy baby a week later. He really is so dang cute. He is lucky he is so cute because I can't get mad at him for his sleeping habits. Now if he were ugly that would be a different story.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I often think the same thing about my kids, "It's a good thing you are cute or else...."