A couple of weekends ago Eric, my dad, brother-in-law and sister had a 4 day gun training in Las Vegas and so all of us Californians went and then BJ and Wendy drove down to be with us. We rented a house a few miles from the strip and so we took turns watching the kids and the rest of us gambling. Okay not. But there is one in our group who had a serious itch to gamble and they know who they are. Actually our weekend was pretty low key. Eric's course was from early early in the morning until late at night so he was pretty much non-existent in our festitivities. Our days pretty much went waking up at the crack of dawn (something I never do), then me sitting on the couch complaining about being up at the crack of dawn, then all of us scrambling to take showers to go get something to eat and then come home and take late naps and then head back out to eat dinner and then get home late at night and start all over again at the crack of dawn. I wasn't too excited about going but I had a great time there and was glad to spend time with the family.
Our first night there we went to Paris and then to Planet Hollywood to eat. It surprised us (not really) that there was no kids menu at the restuarant we picked. I guess the casinos don't cater to kids. We then watched the light show in front of the Bellagio. It was way awesome--the kids enjoyed it so much BJ and Wendy kept the kids so they could watch the next one. My kids were troopers because I forgot the stroller and so they did a lot of walking or hitching a ride in Wendy't stroller. Plus I didn't bring their jackets that first night and it got somewhat nippy.
One of the things the house had was a pool table. None of us our very good at it, but Eric liked to think he was. It was quite funny because for each of his shots he would bend down or kneel down like he knew what he was doing and invariably he would send the cue ball into the hole or the wrong ball. It was hilarious to watch his expressions and then how often he so didn't make his shot.
This game we bought a whole bucket of rings trying to get them on the milk bottles. None of us won. Go figure I thought these games were rigged so we would win.
The kids showing their prizes. By the end of the night they all went home with a garbage bag full. I was planning on giving them away when we got home but for some reason Lexie is attached to all of them and keeps track of them.
I must add the highlight of my trip was taking my older brother down. I spent all of my growing up years with him being superiour in sports, games, being funny, you name it. But this weekend for some reason he was off. Maybe it is that he is old now, or just lost his skill I don't know but I kicked his trash in everything. Playing at the Midway he couldn't beat my sister or I. We played Cities and Knights and I kicked his trash. For those of you who play it I feel there is a lot more skill in winning Cities rather than just Settlers. Then we had a couple of billards competitions. He didn't win any. We even had a bet that if I won he would pay my dinner. That dinner was sure delicious what with it being free and all. Anyways I am not surprised BJ hasn't posted about the Vegas trip what with his self esteem being lowered a couple of notches.
As for Eric he really enjoyed the gun course. He ended up shooting close to 800 rounds. His thumb was sore for a few days after getting home. But he is now prepared to protect our family. So overall it was a great trip.
5 comments:
Man, you Stewarts sure know how to party! It doesnt matter what we do or where we are, when I'm with my family, I am so happy. (I guess that doesnt explain your couch complaining).
Congrats for beating your brother! I too know from experieince, that it does feel good to beat him or Shawn at anything phisical.
I think I know who the wannabe gambler was.
That's nice you had so much fun here. There really are just so many things to do in Vegas. Not as many for kids. Next time you come, let me know and I'll see if there are any locals shows discounts I can get for you.
Did you do the Front Sight gun training in Pahrump? My cousin and her husband does that and they've gotten SO good at shooting. I'm jealous.
I thought that was a great summary of our trip...except for that last part. Not that it wasn't written well or anything...but I just don't remember any of that. And I probably never will remember it. So I'd appreciate it if nobody ever tried to help me remember because we would both just be wasting our time. In fact, I think everybody should just forget about that last part. (No mercy next time we get together Meg. No mercy.) And we have to figure out a way to get Eric to stop gambling. That boy would just not stay away from the slots!!
Looks like you guys had fun. Congrats on the house! You guys are so deserving! When are you moving in?
I always have fun reading your posts! I love the commentary. I'm not surprised at all that you were able to beat BJ, it definitel must be the old age coming into play. Maybe it was his advantage during college...but now it must be catching up. :)
Post a Comment