
Ok I know I am really late on everything, but I just got home yesterday
. So I guess better late than never. Christmas Eve seemed really busy. The whole day crept away from us and before we knew it we were struggling for time trying to get things done. We had a special treat (other than BJ and Wendy being there) from my sister in law Laura's dad. He dressed up as Santa and made a visit to our house. The kids were so excited as well as the parents. It was funny to see

everyone's cameras out and just shooting non stop. He came to the front door and Lexie had the biggest grin on her face. I couldn't catch it though because she was facing him and to do so I would have had to stand in front of him.
We were so busy concentrating on Lexie's and my niece and nephew's reaction to Santa I wasn't paying attention to Joshua. At one point I

turned around and Joshua was

standing as far back as he could and then started crying and ran out of the room. To bad the cameras were all trained the other way because it was hilarious. Did I tell you he has a horrible fear of Santa. Anyways the kids were super excited and I think gave them a better idea of what was to come.


After Santa left it was time to get the kids in their pajamas and ready for bed. Clara fell asleep right after Santa so she wasn't part of the pajama picture. It is so hard to get all the kids to look at the camera at the same time. You would think Joshua would be the problem but it was actually Lexie. She never looks at the camera. Joshua on the other hand was being a little ham. Once I pulled out the camera he was all smiles and poses it was really cute. Once they were in their jammies we read about Christ's birth and got them ready for

bed and of course they laid out the cookies and Diet Coke. Yes in my family were raised to believe that Santa doesn't like milk but Diet Coke. Go figure.

Once the kids went to bed Santa came. I know everone does Christmas differently, but I find it very interesting that Eric and my families do Christmas mostly the same way. On Christmas Eve everyone picks a chair and puts their stockings on it and that is where Santa leaves the presents. Eric and I were in charge of Lexie's and Josh's chairs and then my parents did ours. Thanks to grandparents Lexie and Joshua had tons of gifts. I mean tons but they were so excited for all of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment