Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fall in California

Ok this blog is so behind. But I have been really busy--not to mention we have been gone alot. Anyways for those of you living in cold climates who had fall when it was fall--we finally got ours at Christmas time. I guess that is one of the joys of California. On New Years Eve we came home in the late afternoon and leaves were scattered all over the lawn. I got this brillant idea to rake them all up and let the kids play in them. Eric thought it was a great idea--but not great enough to help rake. So I was out raking and when I got them all raked up the pile looked huge but looking back at the pictures it was really pretty meager. Nonetheless the kids had a good time playing in them and we had fun watching them. We threw the kids in and Lexie and Clara loved it. When they emerged they had huge grins on their faces. Joshua on the other hand didn't think it was fun as you can tell by his picture. He acted so offended.
We also got this brilliant idea to cover BJ in leaves and let him jump out at the kids. So Eric and Wendy took the kids inside and I covered BJ. We were both quite proud of our work and were excited to see their reaction. Unfortunately, when we called the kids out the leaves kinda started falling away and Lexie figured something was going on.
When he did jump out Clara and Josh just stared at him and Lexie was laughing. So much for scaring them.

2 comments:

Kristalyn said...

Leaves are so much fun! I think that looks like a huge pile! I can't believe that that is what the weather is like on New Year's Eve for you! I wish that we lived close enough to come play in the leaves, too!

Jess said...

Those are such cute pics! I haven't seen our leaves in a long time.