We spent our Thanksgiving with my family in Bakersfield. After weeks of being stressed and way to busy we were finally able to have a week of being stress free. For some reason it was a very busy week but we had a great time nonetheless. We went shopping a lot and found many things we wanted and "needed", we spent time playing games--the only one I won was Boggle. My mom mainly cooked the whole Thanksgiving meal and it was great. If I ever have to cook Thanksgiving I think I will shoot myself. I only like the rolls, turkey, and mashed potatoes. After dinner my mom started a new tradition of playing Bingo as a family. It was really fun and I am glad she started it.

Some people enjoyed playing BINGO more than others--Lexie being one of the ones who loved it. These are all the prizes she won. Pretty much she won everything. Towards the end it was getting embarrassing how she just kept winning. And we didn't even cheat. She was a happy camper. And I loved eating the chocolate bar.

The girls made a craft one of the days. It was suppose to be pretty easy but it ended up taking a lot of time but I really like how they turned out. The longest part was drilling a hole in one of those big glass blocks. You wouldn't think it would take forever but it did.

We also made Graham Cracker Houses (we don't do gingerbread). We made them after a really long day when we were really tired but the kids were really excited to do it. Eric worked with Lex and I worked with Josh. This is how Joshua helped me. In the picture above he is actually trying to eat it. If you notice the cracker facing us he has already taken a bite out of it. When he wasn't biting it he was trying to lick it. I was sure glad when he got distracted by the candy and actually let me build it.

Eric and Lexie made a good team. Eric is way more patient with these types of things than I am. I would just want to be done and they keep going. She was so serious about how hers was looking and she had to help in every step. Way different from last year. It is amazing how much things change in a year.

These are our finished products. If you notice they are somewhat similar and that is because I kept copying their house. Eric wasn't too happy with that but I don't have much creativity in my body especially when I am exhausted and just want to veg.
We also did the Black Friday shopping. I think I look forward to that more than the food. We woke at 3:15 and didn't get home until about noon but we did get all of the things we went out for. That is always a good reason. Though it was kind of disappointing that I woke up so early to get something and when I went back to the store at 5pm they still had them. But still I like the thrill of it. Anyways we had a great vacation and it was good to be able to spend time with family relaxing and enjoying ones company.
3 comments:
I love the bingo prizes! I love the excitement of black Friday too! I didn't know anything could get you out of bed that early.
Looks like Lexi cashed out Meg. Your comment about Black Friday and Thanksgiving on Emily's blog made me laugh out loud. For some reason I think Black Friday would have been much more exciting had we been with you guys this year.
I love black friday too! It's always been a tradition for us. You guys got up way early, I'm impressed! I like the gingerbread houses you made. Sounds likea fun Thanksgiving
Post a Comment