Thursday, April 10, 2008

Someplace Other Than Disneyland

Well here is a place we went to other than disneyland. Aren't you all so proud. We went the LA County Arboretum. We went with our friends the Jorgensens and just wandered around the grounds. It was an overcast day with pretty much no one around and the kids had a good time. I don't know why but Lexie has adopted this new stance for her pictures now. When will my cute little smiler be back?
My kids never look at the camera when you ask them too. I thought that since Lexie is almost 4 she would understand look at the camera and smile. But she hardly ever manages to do it. Sometimes Joshua will but on this particular day he was being stubborn.
Lexie really enjoyed throwing fishies into the water and watching the geese and fish grab them. Unfortunately it was my favorite fishies the parmesan ones. I think she ended up throwing the whole bag.


There was this root structure that the kids could climb and play in. Lexie was having a grand ole time in it until some big kids came in. Yet again where is her smile?

And this is how I kept Joshua from going crazy. I would let him walk around but he was getting to close for comfort to the ponds and so I would put him back in the stroller. He didn't like that too much. But when I handed him a sucker he was all happy sitting there semi patiently.

We had a good time and we ended up getting a season pass. The aboretum is literally around the corner from Eric's work so we should get a lot of use out of it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so proud of you for doing something non-Disney. :) Actually, I lie--I'd love to live in a place where a Disney park was so accessible.

Jess said...

Your kids are getting big...time for another one! Catch up with me woman!!

Kristalyn said...

I love that picture of you and the kids...even though they aren't looking, you look so good! My sister's kids always look at the camera and smile so big but I can NEVER get Mason to deliberately smile at the camera, I just have to be sneaky and try to trick him. The arboretum looks like a lot of fun!