Okay our whole reason for going to New York was because it was our layover city before going to Prince Edward Island. I have always dreamed of going to PEI because of Anne of Green Gables. I grew up on the movie and books and always wanted to go. So my sister, mom and I decided to make a trip and man was it worth it. New York was only the beginning. We then flew into Charlottetown (sound familiar any Anne of Green Gables fans) and started our journey there. May I say that I have never been to a more beautiful place before. I was in complete awe of the green hills and fields, the red sand and the blue water. It was awesome. We stayed in Charlottetown and then drove to Anne of Green Gables shore our first day. Our first stop was Green Gables. The house that the she based the book on. Man I could just picture Anne there. Most of the history was all about L.M. Montgomery. It was so cool to learn so much about her and find out about how and why she came up with the different characters in the book.
Can't you just picture Matthew working in this field. This is the view from the front of the house on the right side of the Haunted Woods. Funny enough a few minutes after I took this picture a couple of golf carts appeared. It is actually a golf course. But when they aren't there I can see Matthew in the field.
(Sarah and my mom in the Haunted Woods)
Our next stop was the house of L.M. Montgomery's cousins. They have set it up as a museum and the Lake of Shining Waters is located by it. The house is actually still run by her cousins and so we were able to talk with them and find out more of what she was like. Really very nice.
At the house we took a carriage ride by the Lake of Shining Waters. Many mosquitos but fortunately never of us have ever been bit by a mosquito.
At the house we took a carriage ride by the Lake of Shining Waters. Many mosquitos but fortunately never of us have ever been bit by a mosquito.
Then just as we finished our scenic tour I found this lighthouse from a distance. I used my huge zoom and this was as close as I got but at least it was next to the water with the red sands.
This is how much of the trip was spent. Me getting out to take pictures of the scenery and my mom and sister reading a book.
Seriously the green grass, red sand and blue sky made for a gorgeous combination. It was a perfect trip. One of my most memorable ones. We started in New York where it was so beautiful with their huge skyline but no grass except in central park and then ended our trip in a whole different kind of beauty. Wide spans of green. I told Eric we should sell our house and move there and become farmers and I actually meant it. Someday I will go back and make Eric do it all with me :)
5 comments:
I am so jealous and happy that you got to go there. I would LOVE to go there one day. I doubt my husband would think it amazing...so I would rather go with my mom. I am a huge Anne & Gilbert lover. It just makes me feel good. I wish I had those movies now to watch. Hope you had a happy birthday too!
Such fun pics! It makes me want to go on a vacation. Anywhere! Just somewhere. It looks like you had a great time.
What a fun trip! It's been forever since I've read those books or watched the movies, but I used to be a fan. I don't really remember them now, but this made me want to read them again. :) You really have never been bitten by a mosquito? like in your whole life? I am so jealous! They are the worst!
Oh man I have always wanted to go there too! I loved Anne of Green Gables as a kid. I would watch them all every time I would stay home sick. Looks BEAUTIFUL. I love the picture of the lighthouse on the hill with the water below. Its breathtaking. What a fun trip.
How come none of you gals age?
Post a Comment