
Okay this is very late as Josh's birthday was at the beginning of October. The pictures aren't going to be in order because I am too lazy. For this birthday my parents were out of town so we didn't spend it with any extended family except my grandpa who was spending the week with us. When I asked Josh what kind of cake he wanted he said a Thomas cake. I had no idea how to do that until I found a 3-D cake pan online. I wasn't sure how to work it so I made a "practice" cake first so the actual cake would turn out. Though the pan was really easy to use so I just ended up with lots of cake. Anyways in the morning the boys and I went and volunteered at Lexie's school where they sang to him. Then Eric came home and took him to Disneyland (for free because it was his birthday). I worked my bum off trying to decorate his cake before he got home. I was excited to see his reaction to it. I wasn't too happy with how it turned out but I figured Josh would be okay with it. But he wasn't. I had the cake sitting on the table when he walked in the door and this was his reaction.

Doesn't look like he was too happy. And he wasn't. He was mad I hadn't waited for him to decorate it. A mother can never win. We had pizza for his dinner (thinking he would be happy), this was his face during that:

Once again not too happy.

When I went into a room to wrap his presents I came out and finally he was happy with his cake. I think Eric payed him or something.

The train I copied. It is the face I am mad about. It was too dark a gray and I was too lazy to open another thing of frosting to make it lighter. I wish I had because it ruined the whole cake for me.

About to cut into it . It was really good even if it was funny looking.
One of his favorite books. It is a great book and I enjoy reading it to them.
Overall he had a good birthday and loved all of his presents. He especially liked being at Disneyland with his dad where he got to ride the train. And now he says he wants another train cake for his fourth birthday. Maybe by then I won't be so lazy and actually make the face the right shade of gray.
No comments:
Post a Comment